My weight loss - Probably not dietry

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I’d take that as a good sign. If there was anything urgent or drastically amiss they would have contacted you straight away. Doesn’t really help I know, you are bound to worry. Still got my fingers, toes and all sorts of things crossed for you x
Scan was late Thursday, results have to be sent to doctor. So although it seems like four days, with a w/e in between, am thinking tuesday or wednesday at best.

Reactions: DJC3

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Nailbiting here myself. I want good news for you!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The results are in, but don't know what they are yet. Nearest appt I could get to discuss results is next Tuesday evening, and with the dismissive, only 4kg doc.

Am being a bit cheeky, asked a nurse friend to have a look - but now concerned this is not fair to her.

Last edited:
Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have to agree with @Diakat that it would probably be best to hustle through your GP. Your nurse friend could get sacked for looking up results for patients that she was not directly concerned with caring for.
I understand your obvious worry though and can only say that if it was something sinister I’m sure they would have called you in asap.
Roll on Tuesday.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I got a call from the surgery saying come in to discuss scan. But then the straight talking doc is booked up for the next two weeks.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Hugs @SlimLizzy ! I also think that they would haul you in immediately if there were something urgent. But I don’t know your NHS. But given how quickly they booked you for that scan,,,, maybe they have more urgent fish, um, patients to fry. No fun for you, for sure! More sympathetic nailbiting...

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a call from the surgery saying come in to discuss scan. But then the straight talking doc is booked up for the next two weeks.

Does your surgery do telephone appointments? Whilst face to face is definitely better, it'd be good to even have a summary of the result, with a follow up appointment, where necessary.

On the telcon, I'd want to know:
Do I have a clinical cause for concern?
Do I require a referral elsewhere?
What are the next steps?

On that basis, after a quick call, any necessary referrals or prep can be done.

Let's face it, whilst in the dark our imaginations often take us to the darkest of places. For me, being kept in the dark is worse than knowing - even if knowing is not what I want to hear.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I’d had the scare you’ve had I’d be down there telling them two weeks is totally unacceptable to leave you in the state they have waiting on results. As others have said if the scan was that urgent the summary of results are too. Sometimes sadly it’s only those who push that get what they should.

Though if the results did warrant urgent action then you’d hope that they would have given you an urgent appointment. I’ve had a long and delayed wait for a cancer scare (all ok) and understand just how terrifying it is. One day at a time and eventually you get to the end of the tunnel

Reactions: DJC3

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
have you tried asking for an interim 'telephone appointment'?

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@HSSS and @SlimLizzy actually what I meant (but didn’t communicate) by my comment about the scan being so urgent that they scheduled it immediately was, since the need was urgent, they had a mechanism for scheduling asap; if the results were urgent they’d use the same mechanism/protocol. Lizzy, I know it’s horribly hard to wait, but I am hoping, since they didn’t book you for asap/the next day, that the results are not as urgent as the scan was.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@HSSS and @SlimLizzy actually what I meant (but didn’t communicate) by my comment about the scan being so urgent that they scheduled it immediately was, since the need was urgent, they had a mechanism for scheduling asap; if the results were urgent they’d use the same mechanism/protocol. Lizzy, I know it’s horribly hard to wait, but I am hoping, since they didn’t book you for asap/the next day, that the results are not as urgent as the scan was.
Yep I got that and agree.

My comment was more about having had tests for potentially serious conditions urgently then one would expect them to appreciate the stress and worry and avoid extending waits for results, especially those that are established and known. To hold them and but not communicate the news to the patient due to administration is particularly cruel

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Am hoping the same thing.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When is your appointment? Are you waiting extra for the straight talking doc?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
When is your appointment? Are you waiting extra for the straight talking doc?
He is on holiday for a week, we have ferry booked and friend arriving in France from Australia in few days time, so could not wait for him. Anyhow seems he was being alarmist as so far nothing nasty has been found. Saw other doctor this afternoon who suggests another couple of tests, just to be sure. But there is nothing major or sinister visible. :playful::singing::):D

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
He is on holiday for a week, we have ferry booked and friend arriving in France from Australia in few days time, so could not wait for him. Anyhow seems he was being alarmist as so far nothing nasty has been found. Saw other doctor this afternoon who suggests another couple of tests, just to be sure. But there is nothing major or sinister visible. :playful::singing::):D

Oh what a relief!!!
Yes, of course they must now do more rests to try and figure out what’s been going on but at least you know it’s not the worst thing that you and your family must have been thinking about.
You can enjoy life again now!

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We both spent the evening celebrating, with alternate laughter and tears, ignoring all dietary restrictions.