My worst nightmare have come through

Chris26111980

Hello @Chris26111980

You seem to have a lot of anxiety over your health which isn’t obviously a great place to be in, have you even spoken about this to your GP ? You don’t have a diabetes diagnosis so living and enjoying your life whilst living healthily is vital.

Stress for any human with or without diabetes in excess isn’t great so finding ways to relax and manage this is important, talking, exercising and getting support will help you cope better but please seek help to manage this.
Yes I have talked about it, told me to find some help.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
14th of feb I will have it
right, well changing your eating habits before that date will change your results a bit. It would be better to jut cut down on your carbs a little for now, until you have had your blood test and know if you are diabetic.

Chris26111980

right, well changing your eating habits before that date will change your results a bit. It would be better to jut cut down on your carbs a little for now, until you have had your blood test and know if you are diabetic.
Sure, I’ve been cutting down since early January.....it feels good. Not having sugar in your diet makes you more alert and alive

MancboyChris

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi mate. I know he it feels to be anxious about health, I have depression and anxiety.

I was diagnosed with a reading of 26 and Ketoacidosis at new year. No doubt there, as others have said you may or may not be but whatever is meant to be will be. Try not to worry mate i know it's hard but it's something that we control ourselves, unlike say a cancer diagnosis.

Chris26111980

Hi mate. I know he it feels to be anxious about health, I have depression and anxiety.

I was diagnosed with a reading of 26 and Ketoacidosis at new year. No doubt there, as others have said you may or may not be but whatever is meant to be will be. Try not to worry mate i know it's hard but it's something that we control ourselves, unlike say a cancer diagnosis.
True, I am trying to keep head and emotions in check. Depression is hard, I know how it feels.

Chris26111980

Having read through the thread since my first reply, I think that anxiety is the thing you need to seek support with alongside your worries about diabetes.

I've read a lot of threads and a lot of information about how T2 in particular shows up in people and although there are things you are concerned about none have made big flashing lights have gone off in my brain and, from reading comments, the same applies to far more 'experienced' diabetics than me.

Of course, you must seek GP advice and no one is giving medical advice as we can't but as Jo said above, anxiety can cause a whole load of problems. My husband was taken to hospital in an ambulance for heart checks but all turned out to be due to his anxiety. I always say, you can make your little toe throb with pain if you think about it hard enough.

You are probably adding to your anxiety as you can't get to a doctor's straightaway to find answers and that means it's all building in your mind as you over think it. Been there, done that!

Try to relax, ask for advice, eat lower carb if you want - but remember to breathe. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Thanks. Life changing situation+ anxiety attacks....

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No clue...........
What ever I eat now it doesn’t go explode in numbers. No carbs in it I guess.
Might be an idea to start checking on the back of the pack then you can test out what is best for you using your meter.

mouseee

It may not spike as perhaps you aren't insulin resistant as you fear and your body is dealing with the carbs as it should. You need that drs appt asap for confirmation either way or you'll drive yourself doolally!! I know I would with that level of worry.

Reactions: Chris26111980

Chris26111980

It may not spike as perhaps you aren't insulin resistant as you fear and your body is dealing with the carbs as it should. You need that drs appt asap for confirmation either way or you'll drive yourself doolally!! I know I would with that level of worry.
Thank you mouseee

Last edited: