Naughty day

A

AnnieC

It was my birthday yesterday so I decided I would not worry about what I ate. My daughter did a lovely afternoon tea little sandwiches with assorted fillings tiny sausage rolls toast triangles with mackrel pate crisps scones with jam and clotted cream, cup cakes and a lovely red velvet birthday cake everything made by her so I just tucked in to everything and really enjoyed it.... except the birthday cake to full to enjoy it then so did not have a slice until the evening.....I tested almost 3 hours after tea and the BS level was 7 which I did not think was to bad after what I had eaten... that was minus the birthday cake which I did not test after did not really want to know

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Belated happy birthday - so good to know that you enjoyed your special day.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
happy birthday for yesterday

ive not tested before after cheating, nothing like a bit of selective denial huh, i don't think the odd bad day is terrible as long as we keep to the odd days :)

Reactions: 2 people
A

AnnieC

Belated happy birthday - so good to know that you enjoyed your special day.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.
Thank you Alan

A

AnnieC

happy birthday for yesterday

ive not tested before after cheating, nothing like a bit of selective denial huh, i don't think the odd bad day is terrible as long as we keep to the odd days :)
Thanks Andy I agree a little bit of pure indulgence very occasionally is good for our moral.....providing it does not make us feel ill ofcourse

Reactions: 2 people

Gudrun

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hmmm.. probably a lot less than stuff I like
Belated happy birthday, Annie. I think you were doing the right thing. Just now and then it's ok to eat whatever we want on special occasions. As long as we get back to being sensible the next day.

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy birthday. I had a bit of a wicked weekend as well, my birthday and Mothers Day. Back to the path of virtue today.