Nervous wait for my 1c

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Perversely nervous for the result. My 30day average on my bg meter is showing 5.8 that's including some big Christmas numbers. Didn't cheat by skipping testing.

That 'should' mean a good drop but you never know. It's like Christmas as a kid. I can't wait.

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Perversely nervous for the result. My 30day average on my bg meter is showing 5.8 that's including some big Christmas numbers. Didn't cheat by skipping testing.

That 'should' mean a good drop but you never know. It's like Christmas as a kid. I can't wait.
If you test regularly at different times of the day and you have an average BG level of 5.8, you should get a good HBa1C result.
If so, please let us know what you have done to reduce your levels.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you test regularly at different times of the day and you have an average BG level of 5.8, you should get a good HBa1C result.
If so, please let us know what you have done to reduce your levels.
Do the morning numbers predict the hba1c result too do you know . My lowest morning test was today of 5.7

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do the morning numbers predict the hba1c result too do you know . My lowest morning test was today of 5.7

No, they don't. You need a good selection of daily tests at different times - fasting, before each meal, at least once after each meal and preferably more than once (a 2 hour reading is unlikely to be the peak) and an idea of how long you stay elevated after a meal, plus bedtimes. This needs to be every day and even then your average may be higher or lower than your A1c.

Reactions: Charis1213

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Looking good from your meter result.

Reactions: jjraak

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Good luck!

Atad heavy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My meter predicted result of 5.2 but when tested it was 46, I was absolutely gutted but now realise doing fasting readings & before/after main meal is not giving an accurate prediction

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Thanks guys. It will be any time. The bloods were taken last Wednesday.

The dn was really impressed with my weight loss and was by no means dismissive of eating low carb. She is as keen on the result as I am and if the numbers have dropped substantially she wants to know more.

Reactions: Debandez

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow a week, I'm so used to getting my results in 48 hours by signing up to my surgeries online system.

Me too. If I have my blood done in a morning the results are on-line the following morning. No waiting. I thought it was bad enough last time as my blood was taken on a Friday and I had to wait till Monday!

@Spl@ have you checked to see if this facility is open to you? (If you live in England) Have you also thought of ringing the receptionist and asking for the A1c result? They are normally obliging.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No, they don't. You need a good selection of daily tests at different times - fasting, before each meal, at least once after each meal and preferably more than once (a 2 hour reading is unlikely to be the peak) and an idea of how long you stay elevated after a meal, plus bedtimes. This needs to be every day and even then your average may be higher or lower than your A1c.
Okay thank you , I won't worry about it , it will be what it is I can only carry on doing what i am doing . I will post when I get the result at the end of this month

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Me too. If I have my blood done in a morning the results are on-line the following morning. No waiting. I thought it was bad enough last time as my blood was taken on a Friday and I had to wait till Monday!

@Spl@ have you checked to see if this facility is open to you? (If you live in England) Have you also thought of ringing the receptionist and asking for the A1c result? They are normally obliging.

Can't say I have. Last time I got a call after a few days.
Will call tommorow (if I can get through)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

When you call, ask about getting test results on line and how to register for this. It normally requires you to call in the surgery to complete a consent form and produce some photo ID. The doctor will then sign it off and hey presto. All test results and lots of other info will be available on line.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ah, best wishes @Spl@ ..praying for good news for ya..Numbers do look good tho.

and for you too @Charis1213
my meter gives the average by week, fortnight and month..and the total tests made.
and a few have been those 'Mistake' and.. 'IT'S XMAS !!' ..food choices.
so i didn't try to hide my naughty ways...(current month ave 6.3 x 105 tests)

Hoping mine ( Due next week ) show a positive downward trend at least.
Gutted when after those 1st 6 weeks of trying 'their ' way..i went up one.

Best wishes to you, and all who are taking tests in january.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.

Typically I test first thing. Always. Then it is dependant on handwashing but before midday lunch. Before/after evening meal and before bed. Although the post meal and before bed are often the same test.

Much less than at dx then it was for everything. Did my first 50 strips in 2 days. Bought a lot more next time.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Spl@ - My surgery has a notice up stating it is the patient's responsibility to call for their results.

I would speculate you would only hear from the surgery if your bloods needed some attention - such as a diagnosis of some sort, or any interventions required, whereas, if your bloods are categorised as "Normal - no action required", or sometimes "abnormal expected" - the latter could mean a reading above the strictly normal range, but no cause for concern, you would hear nothing.

I'd give them a call and then try to set up online access.

If I have GP ordered blood tests taken at the big hospital (where the lab is), the results can be online for me later that day. Generally the bloods will be done same day, but are delayed by the GP reading them. Hormone and antibody tests can take a little longer, but if yours is the standard T2 panel, you'll probably not have any of those being done anyway.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Bluetit1802

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Sharing a truck with any number of other drivers is a long way from hygienic. Let alone clean.