New results

roxy44

Hi Friends,

when DX in may, my HBA1C was 7.0, cholestrol was 4.6

diet only, 3months later in august, HBA1C was 5.9 cholestrol was 4.5

i have just rang for me recent bloods

HBA1C 5.5 cholestrol 4.6.....blood pressure 110/70 tryglixarides (sp) 1.49

i have infact lost 2 and half stone since DX, i am happy with the numbers just wondered why my cholestrol had one up slightly,

can i ask for your thoughts please? many thanx xx

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Roxy

You should be very pleased with those results! Well done!

Ann

Terminator 2

A fine looking set of figures
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif

Well done on that impressive weight loss as well 8)

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done Roxy!!

My cholestrol went up slightly on my last test. The doctor called me in suggesting statins but when he studied the figures he said he wasn't bothered....my total had gone up but it was because my good cholestrol HDL had gone up!!

Keep up the excellent work.
Regards
Angie

CraigyB

I would suggest that a 0.1 difference could be within the margin of error for the test. Don't think on it as significant

roxy44

Thank you everyone on your very encouraging replies, i forgot to ask for my HDL!! and just asked for my Tryslizarides (sp)!!! maybe i should ring on monday and ask do you think? xxxx

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Hi Roxy

Don't worry about your triglycerides, the target is to get them below 1.70, (NICE guidelines) and you've done that! Yes, they are the baddies, and the lower the better, but they will come down.

Did they mention your total:HDL ratio? My doctor considers that is the most important, and it should be below 5.

I've also heard that losing weight can actually increase blood cholesterol temporarily as all the fat you lose gets used up, presumably for energy. Maybe someone who understands these things (Phoenix?) can put me right on that?

I think all your results are great, and I honestly wouldn't worry too much :D . Congratulations on the weight loss!

Viv 8)

the east man

Dislikes
having to think about everything I eat
Got my tests yesterday, not to bad I thought
BG 6.2
cholesterol 5.5 I was expecting it to be up as i'm eating a LCHF diet, and HDL was very good
triglycerides 1.57
BP. cant remember the figure but it was very normal
the only down side was they said the protein in my urine was high, which I out down to my CCHF diet

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
the east man said:
the only down side was they said the protein in my urine was high, which I out down to my CCHF diet

I think it is unlikely that your diet would cause protein in your urine that is usually a sign of an infection like cystitis or less usually a problem with the kidneys.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Roxy your new results are all looking great, congratulations :clap:

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I've had two sets of results, after 3 and 6 months respectively, during which time my control has been good, and my weight and blood pressure came down. I too was surprised that my cholesterol figures had gone up in the last set when everything else came down.

The main downside for me was more ebate with my doctor as I don't buy the whole cholesterol hypothesis and am a statin refuser.