1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arrived here after watching The Truth About Carbs? Join the Low Carb Program for meal plans & 10 weeks of simple steps into your new lifestyle
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New support group - Type 2 Together- Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City

Discussion in 'Diabetes Events & Fundraising' started by Albina, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Albina

Albina · Newbie

IMG_3761.JPG Hi
    Just wanted to share information that with help from Diabetes UK, we are reinstating local Peer Support group for Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire.

The Diabetes UK Peer Support Programme is about bringing people with Diabetes together in the local area to share experiences of living with the condition and to get practical tips and support from others about how to live well. This will enable more people affected by Diabetes to manage their condition well while feeling supported and valued.

Date: Last Thursday every month at 19.00
    Venue: TESCO, HATFIELD, HERTFORDSHIRE

Hatfield/ WGC Peer Support Group will be run by two volunteers Genevieve ( a Diabetic Nurse) and Olga (a science student).

Best regards
    Olga

2. Sweet_Sophie

Sweet_Sophie Prediabetes · Active Member

Many thanks I'm pre-diabetic diagnosed 2 weeks ago. I will come but not July or August as we are away. This is great. Looking forward to meeting you.

3. Albina

Albina · Newbie

Hi, we are away all summer as well, but will reinstate our meetings from September 28th (last Thursday of the month). Look forward to see you then

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wgc2017

Wgc2017 Type 2 · Member

5. Wgc2017

Wgc2017 Type 2 · Member

Hi there

What time do you finish, as I live in WGC and don't drive so I would have to catch a bus and do you know of any daytime ones

6. NewTD2

NewTD2 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Hi Olga,

I’m from North London.

Can I please attend?

Andrew

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook