Newby retired firefighter requires rescue programme

booboo2

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
I want to encourage you, about a year ago my husband was told he had type 2 diabetes. Massive shock, at first he was in denial but because I am a frequent visitor to this forum he started the Low carb high fat diet. In October he was told by his GP that he is now in remission, he has lost a huge amount of weight, about 30 kilos, gone from wearing size 4 xl clothes ( tightly) to xl and they feel loose! He knows the diet is for life, but so what? He eats well, he eats things he likes and he is healthy. If he can do it so can you. Best of luck!

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
20180305_150408.jpg

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
omlettes. sasauge casserole. chicken stroganoff the food can be really tastie all low carb no spuds

Reactions: johnjo 2 and Prem51

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What about brown rice ?
Sorry the brown stuff is off the menu for most of us too. It just turns into sugar like the white stuff but a bit later! Having said that there are a range of carbs that some people tolerate better than others. I personally can’t but only way to find out is get a blood glucose meter and check two hours after eating. If you’re going low carb though it’s probably easier to give high carb stuff like the rice a swerve will take you over your daily target very quickly! Good look with your programme key is to plan carefully and especially when you’re out and about. Our country’s adoption of the low fat message often means it’s hard to find quick food that meets the low carb criteria some of us are know to carry round our high fat additions like cream and mayonnaise around with us!

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
i would forget rice white bread and pasta even a cup of rice spiked my bloods but we are all different whìte rice 27.9g per 100g brown rice22.8g per 100g of carbs not much difference except blood spike straight away with white rice and in the morning with brown was for me anyway u can get low carb pasta of amazon carbzone 4g carbs compared to 28g in norm.

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
hahaha i have myself

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
going to have some grilled seasoned chicken and sald on a low carb wrap at diiner low carb mango yogurt from aldi after it

Reactions: Prem51

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
low carb spicy sasauge and bean casserole yum