Newby retired firefighter requires rescue programme

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
David, can my husband, cat and I move in with you? It all looks so good!!!! :)

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
theres not enough room to swing a cat at my house as the expression goes but thankyou for ur complement

johnjo 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
Thanks for all your positive replies, and thanks for all the recipes.

I have started the low carb 'way of life' I won't call it a diet because this is not just a short term plan to lose a bit of weight, it's a long term plan to change my life and take responsibly for my body, my health, and my attitude to eating.

The biggest change I have seen in the first week is how my family have reacted to the low carb programme, my wife very happy she has been a great help in removing all the processed stuff out of the kitchen and replacing it with the good stuff. she hasn't stopped talking about the different foods and meals we can enjoy together. she's not diabetic but she agrees that this is a better way of eating.

But its my boys that have been the biggest encouragement for me, my son's are both grown men now, they would never say that I should take better care of myself, but I always suspected that that's what they were thinking. They have been so encouraging, I love my family so much. I owe it to them to make this happen and change my ways for good.

It's been a slow start, I have lost a couple of pounds this week and my blood sugar level has decreased from 22 to 16 which is great.

I do miss the bread and the rice and my spuds, I also like the occasional glass of beer (or 2) but they have all gone.

I will see my doctor next week to talk about medication, but I prefer to do this without medication if a can.

Thanks again for all you kind words and thoughts

Johnjo 2

L

Lar oli mu

Eggs, scrambled, poached, fried, hard boiled, sunny side up, over easy, and kicked in every direction around the kitchen
Hey!
Big bear hug to the fire fighter! Food is not all eggs and being kicked around in the kitchen!
But food is medicine. Get medicinal! Roast beef, broccoli and some roasted onions in butter is a good start without any carbs. And if you crave carbs chances are good that you can train your body not to do so anymore. Quote: "this was a side effect of my body switching from requiring carbs to survive over to burning my own body fat and the fat eaten"

Greetings from Northern Germany

Sam50

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
Thanks for all your positive replies, and thanks for all the recipes.

I have started the low carb 'way of life' I won't call it a diet because this is not just a short term plan to lose a bit of weight, it's a long term plan to change my life and take responsibly for my body, my health, and my attitude to eating.

The biggest change I have seen in the first week is how my family have reacted to the low carb programme, my wife very happy she has been a great help in removing all the processed stuff out of the kitchen and replacing it with the good stuff. she hasn't stopped talking about the different foods and meals we can enjoy together. she's not diabetic but she agrees that this is a better way of eating.

But its my boys that have been the biggest encouragement for me, my son's are both grown men now, they would never say that I should take better care of myself, but I always suspected that that's what they were thinking. They have been so encouraging, I love my family so much. I owe it to them to make this happen and change my ways for good.

It's been a slow start, I have lost a couple of pounds this week and my blood sugar level has decreased from 22 to 16 which is great.

I do miss the bread and the rice and my spuds, I also like the occasional glass of beer (or 2) but they have all gone.

I will see my doctor next week to talk about medication, but I prefer to do this without medication if a can.

Thanks again for all you kind words and thoughts

Johnjo 2
Hi @johnjo 2 and welcome to the forum-sounds like you have made a great start already. You will find that the Low Carb way of eating has a real impact on your blood sugar and weight loss. Hubby was diagnosed T2 last June and didn't want to take meds so adopted this way of eating (as did I) He has lost 2 stone in weight and I have lost 2.5 stone) His blood sugar has dropped from 22 (when he first bought his meter) to around 7 now (after eating) so we are very happy with how he is dealing with the condition.

Only downside is that we have both had to buy loads of new clothes-lol ! :happy:

Reactions: Prem51