Newest hba1c

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So after stopping bydureon, dapflaglozin and just on 2000mg of metformin for the last 3 months I had an updated hba1c done

7 Feb 2020: 78
16 Jun 2020: 48
18 Sept 2020: 39 (Stopped drugs here)
19 Dec 2020: 38 :)

So, small drop, but given the reduction in drugs this is amazing. Whether this means a drop to my metformin I guess I need to wait to speak to the doctor but this is all good news!

Reactions: AlfonsoJones

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So after stopping bydureon, dapflaglozin and just on 2000mg of metformin for the last 3 months I had an updated hba1c done

7 Feb 2020: 78
16 Jun 2020: 48
18 Sept 2020: 39 (Stopped drugs here)
19 Dec 2020: 38 :)

So, small drop, but given the reduction in drugs this is amazing. Whether this means a drop to my metformin I guess I need to wait to speak to the doctor but this is all good news!
Wooohooooo!

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Only slight thing is the medical info on my online system says “Normal but unexpected” which is a bit weird. Shall have to see what that means

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
It's good news, sustained results are good. Well done.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Only slight thing is the medical info on my online system says “Normal but unexpected” which is a bit weird. Shall have to see what that means

That is kinda weird... unexpected because it isn't progressive perhaps?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is kinda weird... unexpected because it isn't progressive perhaps?
Maybe because I dropped the drugs they expected a rise, to be honest, I did too.

When I speak to doctor will find out hopefully

My finger pricks are averaging 5.3 which does go to show how you cannot directly compare as those are towards 30. But of course it’s one off tests so that mAkes sense as it is not continual and not picking all the rises from eating. If I can keep stable and keep those readings though then all looking good

Christmas I plan some naughty but to keep up the exercise and moderate. I just have to not go totally overboard

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done! Yes they don’t expect HbA1cs to improve!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hearty congratulations and of course recognition of all the effort and work behind the headline number.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hearty congratulations and of course recognition of all the effort and work behind the headline number.
Thank you. I k ow I am lucky in that carbs don’t affect me quite as badly as some but the encouragement from this site helped a great deal

I am lighter than I have been in my adult life, healthier and feel a lot more optimistic. I wish I’d done it years ago but realistically know it had to be a major life change for me to do so. Pandemic caused my change, I just need to make sure it is lifelong

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Fantastic news. If my own experience is anything to go by you may be able to reduce and eventually give up on the Metformin as well (if you wish to). Feeling good will be a great incentive to keep up the hard work.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic news. If my own experience is anything to go by you may be able to reduce and eventually give up on the Metformin as well (if you wish to). Feeling good will be a great incentive to keep up the hard work.
I’d like to reduce my metformin, I’m not against it in general as I don’t have the digestive issues so I tolerate it okay. I know it does have some minor impact as well as appetite suppression and a few other qualities. But the increased dosage over time impacted my folic acid so I was hoping to drop to 1000 or 500 but will see what the doctor says

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, have spoken with the doctor and he was really happy. I am now reduced to 500mg twice a day (so halved the dosage) and repeat bloods in 3 months

If my hba1c remains sub 40 then next step will be no Metformin at all, and see that impact. Only change if no Metformin will be no free prescriptions but that's a price (ahem) worth paying in my opinon

So, a very happy Andy and a happy doctor

I do remain in the "6" cohort for covid vaccines, but he believes the weight loss, and hba1c changes will have reduced my risk a lot so even better

Newly diagnosed

So, have spoken with the doctor and he was really happy. I am now reduced to 500mg twice a day (so halved the dosage) and repeat bloods in 3 months

If my hba1c remains sub 40 then next step will be no Metformin at all, and see that impact. Only change if no Metformin will be no free prescriptions but that's a price (ahem) worth paying in my opinon

So, a very happy Andy and a happy doctor

I do remain in the "6" cohort for covid vaccines, but he believes the weight loss, and hba1c changes will have reduced my risk a lot so even better

Well done Andy! You must be so pleased!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Andy! You must be so pleased!
I am, to be honest I never thought this day would come. I thought I would be on insulin by end of the year. The nurses saying it is progressive and you will end up on insulin kind of made me not care as Much

But whilst I am still not in the shape I would really like, it goes to show that actually this is a condition that we have an element of control over. It just takes some of us longer to do that

Newly diagnosed

I am, to be honest I never thought this day would come. I thought I would be on insulin by end of the year. The nurses saying it is progressive and you will end up on insulin kind of made me not care as Much

But whilst I am still not in the shape I would really like, it goes to show that actually this is a condition that we have an element of control over. It just takes some of us longer to do that
You’ve done an amazing job! Every lowered numbers a step in the right direction! Keep up your good work!

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Well done Andydragon! It just goes to show once more that Type 2 need not be a chronic, progressive disease!