newly diagnosed

shruti.solanki

i m 25 yrs old first year resident dr in md pathology.on 30-4-2019 accidently find that my rbs-350 nd after all investigations done nd my hb1ac was 9.1
in gujarat(india)my dr was littel bit confused about my type
because acetone in urine was absent.my weight loss is just 0.5 kg in one month
yes i had symptoms like polyuria,polydipsia,polyphagia.bt still not sure about type!!!then i was reffered to endocrinologist where all the higher reports were done..my anti gad antibody was 14.21 IU/ML
MY C-PEPTIDE WAS 0.93 ng/ml which was in normal range.nd fbs was-235..still he is dm endoctinologist but not sure in my diagnosis..so he had told me that if there is type -2 then after insulin administration i may go into remission phase.so i started insulin 12 unit in the morning and 8 unit at evening before meal.after one month my c-peptide is 0.78 ng/ml which is decresing
in range.now i m so much confused that wats going on????after exogenous insulin my c-peptide is low..pls someone help me with my diagnosis..

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome to the forum @shruti.solanki. We are mainly people with diabetes on here. We aren't doctors and can't diagnose you.
From what I can understand of your figures it is possible that you might be Type 1 rather than Type 2. There are people on this forum who are LADA who might be able to help you more with advice.

shruti.solanki

Welcome to the forum @shruti.solanki. We are mainly people with diabetes on here. We aren't doctors and can't diagnose you.
From what I can understand of your figures it is possible that you might be Type 1 rather than Type 2. There are people on this forum who are LADA who might be able to help you more with advice.
thank u for reply....

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Nobody here can diagnose!!! I can just give you some information.

The C peptide tells if you are making insulin and when it decreases it usually means you are making less insulin. When you are developing type 1 but especially as a LADA this process takes a little while to happen, so you make insulin in lesser amounts as time goes on, until you don't! In a LADA this can take years. We call that the honeymoon phase. A positive antibody test helps tell if you are type 1 or LADA.

Reactions: Prem51

shruti.solanki

Nobody here can diagnose!!! I can just give you some information.

The C peptide tells if you are making insulin and when it decreases it usually means you are making less insulin. When you are developing type 1 but especially as a LADA this process takes a little while to happen, so you make insulin in lesser amounts as time goes on, until you don't! In a LADA this can take years. We call that the honeymoon phase. A positive antibody test helps tell if you are type 1 or LADA.
anti gad antibody is in normal range..i m really depressed..even dm endocrinologist cant diagnosed!!!!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
As long as you are not having high blood glucose levels the diagnosis is not all that relevant, some type twos need insulin, others do not need any medication at all, some type ones need low doses, others require a lot - I think that with diabetes the only thing to do is to treat the patient, not the problem.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I understand the wanting to know as it explains things usually.

There are some people that have the symptoms of LADA, meaning they still lose the ability to make insulin but they don’t test positive for the antibodies. They haven’t figured out the whys of that. But I know someone like that. She’s my new diabetic consultant and she now makes no insulin but has no antibodies. She classes herself as a LADA or type 1 because she makes no insulin or sometimes she will call herself a 1.5. But there is a group of people like that. I think you probably just need some time to figure out what path your body is taking.

@Resurgam is right, there are several variables and in essence you now just need to figure out what you need to do to treat it.

Reactions: Prem51

shruti.solanki

I understand the wanting to know as it explains things usually.

There are some people that have the symptoms of LADA, meaning they still lose the ability to make insulin but they don’t test positive for the antibodies. They haven’t figured out the whys of that. But I know someone like that. She’s my new diabetic consultant and she now makes no insulin but has no antibodies. She classes herself as a LADA or type 1 because she makes no insulin or sometimes she will call herself a 1.5. But there is a group of people like that. I think you probably just need some time to figure out what path your body is taking.

@Resurgam is right, there are several variables and in essence you now just need to figure out what you need to do to treat it.
i have to just wait and watch..dr told me continue insulin trail for 2 months then again we will see c-peptide level

Reactions: Marie 2 and Prem51

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have been diagnosed as T2 since April 2018, the GP prescription was I should take Metformin. I only took 18 tablets and I decided stopped taking it after did my own research on diet, exercise, and life-changing activities. After two weeks I went to my GP to test my BS, and it was down to 5.1. And I told y GP that I had been stopped taking metformin.

Ever since I have been taken CBC for three times and my HbA1c level is 5.2 and 5.6. The GP said that it's the normal range.
It has been more than a year now I am off metformin, no symptoms and things running well.
Does that mean my Diabetes has gone away or put into remission?

Reply please, as I am a newcomer in this forum.

Hello, you are spamming old posts but we can’t say whether you are in remission. There are diabetics who in remission, however they are still a diabetic with non diabetic bg levels. It’s up to your doctor to decide. You are doing pretty well, keep up the good work.