Newly diagnosed

Finncity

Hi

I was just diagnosed three days ago with Type 2. I am a Brit living abroad and have no support. Pretty much get on with it.

I have so much to learn and feel overwhelmed atm.

Looking forward to chatting with some people and sharing experiences.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the forum nobody wanted to join. Best advice is to read through the old threads and ask questions. We have allbeen through this and nobody expects you to know anything. The usual standard of information given by health services after diagnosis is pretty abysmal, but there's lots of support here.

You will be advised by many to get a blood glucose meter, test before and two hours after meals, and to reduce carbs as far as you can. It worked for me.

This might help

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog/kennya.517579/

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hi

I was just diagnosed three days ago with Type 2. I am a Brit living abroad and have no support. Pretty much get on with it.

Hi and I hope you feel able to ask whatever pops into your head ... no matter how 'silly' it might seem. We have al been where you are now, feeing overwhelmed and not knowing what lies ahead. It's so much better when you get to know the ins and outs etc. :)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Hello @Finncity , and welcome,

Sorry about your diagnosis, but you've come to the right place for support. A lot of us changed our diet to get on top of this thing, which might be of interest to you. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ could help some.
If you have questions, throw them out there, it's the quickest way to learn!
Good luck,
Jo

Finncity

Thank you all! I finally found the replies….. so not only did I realise im diabetic this week, I found out Im nearly computer illiterate too ‍♀️. Not a good week for me .

I will go through the links sent! Thanks so much.

Reactions: coby