Nice Thought but Inappropriate....

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you mean chocolate covered Brazil nuts? That sounds delicious. I love Brazil nuts but only ever see them in a salted mixture. I would love to try them with dark chocolate.
Dark chocolate of choice, melt, dip Brazil's, let set, eat. Mmmmm

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I often put almonds in a cup with dark chocolate drops and either nuke them a little or just eat them as they are. Also good mixed with unsweetened shredded coconut. Homemade low-carb trail mix.

Reactions: KK123 and HSSS

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok I’m being dim. Are you referring to the choc covered Brazil’s? These were actually on my wish list !! as they are hard to find and I love a couple as dessert (Dark as possible though).
The chocolate covered Brazil’s are perfect! I love them, just ration myself to two or three at a time. Hotel Chocolat are the only place I’ve found them with out going on line.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dark chocolate of choice, melt, dip Brazil's, let set, eat. Mmmmm
Yes I’ve done it once or twice but love it being done for me. I cook too much these days
The chocolate covered Brazil’s are perfect! I love them, just ration myself to two or three at a time. Hotel Chocolat are the only place I’ve found them with out going on line.
i found some in The Range of all places a while ago. The box I got for Christmas I have no idea of the source but it definitely wouldn’t have been online. (I’ll ask). And I bought a bag mixed with milk choc ones (which i donated to my son) a while back but they must have been middle of Lidl or similar because I’ve searched every supermarket since and can’t find them.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
we got some money from our son and daughter in law, I got a necklace with an angel poem on with an angel feather from other son and from our grandson I got a lovely fridge magnet with his gorgeous picture in it :)
We gave one of our son's money and the other son and his wife and our grandson we paid for them to go to Disneyland Paris with us next Feb .

Reactions: heh and SaskiaKC

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
we got some money from our son and daughter in law, I got a necklace with an angel poem on with an angel feather from other son and from our grandson I got a lovely fridge magnet with his gorgeous picture in it :)
We gave one of our son's money and the other son and his wife and our grandson we paid for them to go to Disneyland Paris with us next Feb .

Will you adopt me?:)

Reactions: Diakat

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
From my Grandson I got a Havana cigar and two bath bombs from lush from daughter a bottle of Jura whiskey also got some smellies and a new fitness tracker that is waterproof so can wear while swimming which I intend to take up again in the new year from Judith so nothing inappropriate really.

And I actually think this year I did not give any inappropriate gifts as I carefully and discreetly researched what family where hoping for except for grandson who gave me a list though I treated it as a list of options, not a shopping list.

Reactions: heh

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It has been a 10 yr process, but it has finally paid off :D
Whenever I am asked what I want I say '70% cocoa chocolate, or Amazon vouchers, please'.
They usually blink, and say something like 'Wow, that is easy!' and I grin.

Of course, sometimes they still don't listen. But this year I got a delightful bunch of vouchers, and 4 boxes of posh chocolate.
Even my line manager gave me a beautiful block of 4 bars of Lidl 70%, which I thought was a lovely and thoughtful gesture.

It is certainly different from the jaw droppingly bizarre gifts I used to get when I first joined the B Clan.
There were some stonkers.
- the matching set of blood red lipstick and nail varnish called 'Vamp' or something.
- the lime green irridescent plastic handbag, with 3/4 inch faux pearl bauble hardware, and
- The Simpson's mug and sock set.

The last one was probably intended for Mr B, and got mislabelled.

Anyway, I choose to think that the gift choices tell you more about how they see me, than about me myself...
At least, that is my story, and I'm sticking to it! ;)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyway, I choose to think that the gift choices tell you more about how they see me, than about me myself...

I tend to think they buy things they would like rather than put effort into thinking what you may like.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It has been a 10 yr process, but it has finally paid off :D
Whenever I am asked what I want I say '70% cocoa chocolate, or Amazon vouchers, please'.
They usually blink, and say something like 'Wow, that is easy!' and I grin.

Of course, sometimes they still don't listen. But this year I got a delightful bunch of vouchers, and 4 boxes of posh chocolate.
Even my line manager gave me a beautiful block of 4 bars of Lidl 70%, which I thought was a lovely and thoughtful gesture.

It is certainly different from the jaw droppingly bizarre gifts I used to get when I first joined the B Clan.
There were some stonkers.
- the matching set of blood red lipstick and nail varnish called 'Vamp' or something.
- the lime green irridescent plastic handbag, with 3/4 inch faux pearl bauble hardware, and
- The Simpson's mug and sock set.

The last one was probably intended for Mr B, and got mislabelled.

Sounds perfect for you Jessica!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My uncle gave me a VERY large box of chocolates this Christmas. The kind that's more sugar than anything else. (Quantity, not quality, haha) My husband blurted out something about the T2 before I could just graciously accept, so we talked about it for a bit. He knows a T2 who just eats whatever he likes, but is badly controlled and overrun with complications. Uncle Anthony said I should just "shoot up for it or add some extra pills", haha. I told him I'm diet controlled and med-free, and he wondered why, as his friend uses insulin and tablets. "I'd rather keep my feet". "Well, he is 60" (Like you don't want to have feet, good eyesight, working kidneys etc over a certain age. And I'm sorry, but these days, 60 isn't exactly what I'd call old...! People live to be 80, 90 relatively easily. My uncle's well over 60 himself, but I guess he conveniently forgets that!). We had a good laugh about it all, and I said I might have a single bonbon every evening after dinner. I won't, but my thin-as-a-rail, high-metabolism husband is very happy with my gift! ;)

You should've seen my cousin's face when I told her I have bacon twice a day with a big wink and a twirl, after she commented on my weightloss. :p :p :p They don't understand what I'm doing with the T2, but they're interested, not judgemental about my "bizarre" dietary choices, and it's just a funny subject while at the table. I make myself out to be the butt of a joke, but they CAN see I lost a third of a person in bodyweight, and I'm healthier now than I was, so while they do comment and joke, they do accept what I'm doing. As only the sweet stuff'd been served out before mom's tachycardia got us to call an ambulance, we hadn't gotten to the hearty, low-carb snacks yet. (Cheeses etc). I picked out the sweets served myself, because I objectify food now: I see it as something to photograph, not something to eat, so I made sure it looked pretty besides tasting good, haha. Thankfully I knew fasting wasn't a problem when we were stuck at the hospital for hours. Something I learned here, from you guys.

Mom's doing okay now, with a slight adjustment in meds and adding potassium supplements. And we still have the pics of the get-together. Not everyone was there yet when things went wrong and I stopped photographing, but all in all... It was a Christmas that filled me with gratitude for my family, because everyone helped when things started to go awry. Due to my anxiety I only see them once a year, over Christmas, as I don't do social gatherings very well... But I call it a win; we were together and they knew I was grateful for their presence. Plus, Kornelis has kilo's of chocolate now to work with, as he plows through my gifts as well as his own. :) (And my mom got me all sorts of extra dark chocolate, various brands, which will keep me quite happy for weeks, if not months to come! :) )

Attachments

• tafels bij mam met kerstVERKLEINDA01.jpg
    tafels bij mam met kerstVERKLEINDA01.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 251
Reactions: heh and lovinglife

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@JoKalsbeek that’s one sweet laden table. I had various chocolates but most of them were high chocolate content which will take me a while to plough through - the rest will probably be demolished by my work colleagues when I take them in!!

Reactions: JoKalsbeek