1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

No Activation Email

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by Jumping_Bean, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Jumping_Bean

Jumping_Bean · Newbie

You can ignore this username. I tried to sign up a week ago with another username and a regular outlook email address but didn't get my activation email. I have emailed [email protected] twice but am getting no response.

I have also tried the 'Ask a question' form but I am getting blocked as it seems I am classed as spam!

Does anyone check the inbox for the forum email?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

3. azure

azure Type 1 · Expert

Hi :)

Have you checked your junk mail inbox? Sometimes activation emails mistakenly go into Junk/Spam.

I'll pass this on to a member of the admin team so hopefully all will be sorted for you very soon :)

4. lowedb

lowedb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I had the same problem initially. The forum doesn't like some email addresses. So I guess any emails for help also get blocked (at least I hope I wasn't being ignored). Tried again with a less controversial email and it all worked fine. I came across a similar issue with Facebook which is why I tried an alternative.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Coopsman1

Coopsman1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I had exactly the same problem with my yahoo email. I eventually got an email from the help email, so please be patient. I think it took 2-3 weeks to reply, but this was over the Xmas period.

6. Giverny

Giverny Friend · Admin
    Administrator

There's been an issue with our server config, this should be resolved now. If anyone's still having trouble, please drop me a PM.

• Like Like x 1
  7. timat22

timat22 Type 2 · Member

I've been having the same problem this week and it was only resolved by phone call.
    I to had emailed twice with no response.
    So I guess problem still exists.

8. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Tagging @Giverny to respond to this.

9. wiseowl_123

wiseowl_123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Juicyj Good evening I have never received email notifications(thought it was me);)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook