Nor sure if allowed so delete if not - Diabetes Supply

Jerrez57

Admin delete if not allowed.
I know not every one gets their test strips on prescription. I'm entitled to, but feel I'm enough of a drain on the NHS as it is so buy my own so always shopping around. Found a firm called Diabetes Supply and bought 100 Accu-check Performa (these are the narrow ones) for just under £30. I have no association with the firm but FYI. Turned up within a couple of days, well packaged and work fine.

Persuaded my diabetic nurse to put me back on Gliclazide and numbers dropped quite quickly but have now stalled still too high around 8-9 don;t ask what they were previously :(

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Although I too use the TEE2+, The SD Gluco Navii also has test strips at around £8 per 50.
Both of these meters are often mentioned on both this and the other UK diabetes forum (the blue one).

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yea i just emailed them and told them i test fairly frequently and want to try the Tee2 and they sent a meter in the post with 50 strips for free with very little interrogation.

Reactions: Bex72

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought the Tee 2. If you connect with Spirit Healthcare (you can do so on line), you make an account, then should wait for their email and reply to establish contact before ordering, as that will enable the VAT free option for diagnosed diabetics.