Not a daffodil in sight.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yeah! My Daffs are out, well two have flowered, yes they are so late around here, as well. Really fed up with the biting wind and getting wrapped up for my work and walks! its no fun watching the footie in the winds we have had lately (except Saturday, it was really nice).

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Different daffs flower at different times, just like tulips and the snowdrops. The first best sign of spring coming to me is the the smell of saracococa flowers in February and then seeing the first snowdrops. Seeing the carpets of snowdrops then for us in Northampton generally means daffodils 3-4 weeks later for flowering. Snowdrops have been a mass for two weeks now so I think it's going to be another week before daffodils start flowering in masses properly.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah! My Daffs are out, well two have flowered, yes they are so late around here, as well. Really fed up with the biting wind and getting wrapped up for my work and walks! its no fun watching the footie in the winds we have had lately (except Saturday, it was really nice).
Hurrah! Daffs on time to celebrate your birthday. The avatar hint gave away your age.

Hope you had a good one, happy belated birthday!

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hurrah! Daffs on time to celebrate your birthday. The avatar hint gave away your age.

Hope you had a good one, happy belated birthday!
Thanks Pipp!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Different daffs flower at different times, just like tulips and the snowdrops. The first best sign of spring coming to me is the the smell of saracococa flowers in February and then seeing the first snowdrops. Seeing the carpets of snowdrops then for us in Northampton generally means daffodils 3-4 weeks later for flowering. Snowdrops have been a mass for two weeks now so I think it's going to be another week before daffodils start flowering in masses properly.
Here in North Wales a lot of people mark Sunday, March 1 as St Davids day.
The flower associated with that is the daff of course.
By Dave's day the area is carpeted in them .... not this year and that was two weeks ago and still no carpets.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
How about these early birds
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1426286181.836812.jpg

150 aliums all in full leaf!

C

chris lowe

Well the daffs have sprung but nothing like they should have.
North Wales is normally carpeted with them along the roadsides in gardens on roundabouts but a very poor showing this year.
Yes, they seem to be sort of stunted, not as tall as usual

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I planted daffs the same time as these aliums... Daffs are still emerging!!!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Still only 3 in my garden! Really late, this year, hopefully my bluebells will be out soon.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Some of my daffs are still emerging!!!

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still melting the snow away, maybe daffodils in April.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I saw a bluebell yesterday! Just one though, no sign of any others!
Tis lovely round here for dillydaffs, it used to be a huge daffy growing area till WW2 when the fields were cleared for growing veg instead, and all the old daff bulbs were dug up and just thrown over hedges. So all these years later we still have hedgerows full of daffs, along with the primroses, bluebells, red campion, foxgloves and rosebay willowherb, Tamar Valley hedges are the best :D

C

chris lowe

At last, the daffs are now swaying gently in the breeze on the approach to the village. :)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Same here but not as many and a little stunted.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've only lived in this place since December and was really hoping I had daffodils, my foavourite flowers, but sadly not. No spring flowers at all!
I do have some on the other side of a hedge, seperating my garden from the driveway and garage, but I can't see them from the garden or indoors, so they don't count.
I've got a lot of bulb planting to do in the autumn!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've only seen a few daffodils so far - in our church yard :wideyed:, so I've dressed my avatar as "Daffy Down Dilly" to cheer me up.

But here we've got snowdrops everywhere - even growing on the grass verges in huge dainty patches - they are my sign of spring, but they're much less in your face than the lovely bright daffodils.

Robbity