Not getting enough fat. Heard that before?

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
I found once fat adapted that I was warmer for longer than before.

Especially walking etc. It literally feels like a thermostat kicks in with the heating.

As to the insulin levels. Now on my 3rd day of omad, my FBg is still dropping a little but seems to be happy at 4.8 to 5.
I would hope mine are super low.

Reactions: jpscloud

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
and basically have to eat blocks of lard at the dinner table in order to survive :hilarious:
No thanks :eek: Actually, I'm beginning to suspect that my tummy upsets might be caused by too much fat, and not by the metformin I used to blame. Yesterday I only had a glass of almond 'milk' and a cup of tea with cream before going out for a walk, because I didn't want to run any risks. To quote good old Moody Blues "It's a question of balance".

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wouldn't you be more inclined to eat if you just had one chicken drum stick with some vegetables or salad you do need variety. Instead of worrying how much to eat do as others say and eat until you feel satisfied and stop counting the calories

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Wouldn't you be more inclined to eat if you just had one chicken drum stick with some vegetables or salad you do need variety. Instead of worrying how much to eat do as others say and eat until you feel satisfied and stop counting the calories
Thanks, Pinkorchid. Before Jan 10th I didn't log anything. I just ate the right kinds of foods, but apparently not doing it right, because my weight loss stalled from October to January. Perhaps it's a coincidence that I didn't start losing weight till I started checking and counting everything? It might be, but both weight loss and BG level loss is working for me now. I suspect I need to take the tougher approach because my body is now 58, so not quite young and crisp anymore :)