1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Not sure where to put this ...

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by PamJHS, Sep 16, 2019.

1. PamJHS

PamJHS Prediabetes · Active Member

But am delighted that my recent Hba1c reading has gone down from 48 to 43 after following a Keto diet since my prediabetes diagnosis in May. I have also lost 3 kilos.

When my new GP told me, I said 'That's great!' and he said in a very dour manner 'You're still prediabetic, don't get overexcited'. However, when the practice nurse saw it she actually screamed in excitement, which was a much better reaction!

I have to say I was quite dubious about whether Keto would work, but I am delighted with the improvement and, after a week's fully catered holiday in Germany where I gave up trying to avoid carbs and simply tried to keep them as low as possible, I am back onto it properly now.

• Winner Winner x 9
  2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

The success story part of the forum seems a perfect place to put it!
    Congratulations!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Perfect place and a superb result, ignore your Dr, we’ll rejoice with you! Very well done!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

From diabetic range to pre diabetic (almost normal actually). I would say that's a success story! Well done.

When I went from diabetic numbers to prediabetic my symptoms disappeared. Its not always just about just numbers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PamJHS

Almost as soon as I started on keto, my family were noticing that I was moving better and thinking faster. I've also had really bad IBS symptoms for about a year, and they cleared up. So there are definitely advantages for me, regardless of blood sugar. I felt a decrease in the measurement would be a bonus!

6. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Super result, @PamJHS. I am really happy for you, almost in the not-prediabetic range, just off by 1 mmol. If you keep this up, next time you will be in the normal range.

7. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru

Wonderful result! And still ongoing... :D:D:D

8. PamJHS

Thank you, everyone, it's good to be with people who get it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. carol43

carol43 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

@PamJHS Congratulations and keep up the good work.

10. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Excellent news and getting further benefits than simply lowering blood glucose levels is one of the great benefits of keto.. well done you!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook