nurse

tezza

seen the nurse today,she lovely and diabetic so understands what i say to her and she is a good listener,agreed about low carbs ,asked about testing my bg levels and why i was not given a meter,aparently its all to do with the ends of my fingers incase i over test and damage fingers :( so anyway things have a habit of back fireing on me :cry: got to see doc nex week proberly going to start me on tablets .
BUT IVE LOST 3ib :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
tezza said:
seen the nurse today,she lovely and diabetic so understands what i say to her and she is a good listener,agreed about low carbs ,asked about testing my bg levels and why i was not given a meter,aparently its all to do with the ends of my fingers incase i over test and damage fingers :( so anyway things have a habit of back fireing on me :cry: got to see doc nex week proberly going to start me on tablets .

Hi tezza.

First the good news.......well done with the weight loss. :D

As for the rest of the tale from your 'lovely' diabetic Nurse......she told you 'porkies' ! The reason they don't want to give you a meter and test strips is solely down to COST.

Nothing to do with how you might over test and hurt your little fingers..... :lol: I test at the moment at least 7 - times daily. I use the same three fingeres on each hand. I have used them for around 12 years at varying degrees of frequency. Are my fingers hurting, are they sore, are they damaged....NO !

What a load of drivel. All from a so called caring professional. At least you would think she could have the 'guts' to tell you the real reason. Pathetic.

I think you can tell I am not impressed...... :twisted:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
My fingers got sore so i changed to alternative site testing
Hana

tezza

thank you for youre reply,s will be fireing loads questions at doc on tuesday so hope he has his nice head on :lol: i,l of eaten dictionary pie and digested all those big words what you learn reading about being diabetic :mrgreen:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
As Hana says, if you do you use AST,( Alternative Site Testing ) there is a clear warning that the readings are not as accurate especially when Bg levels are dropping. It also states that you should discuss this method with your GP/Nurse before starting to use it.

humph

cugila said:
tezza said:

Hi tezza.

First the good news.......well done with the weight loss. :D

As for the rest of the tale from your 'lovely' diabetic Nurse......she told you 'porkies' ! The reason they don't want to give you a meter and test strips is solely down to COST.

Nothing to do with how you might over test and hurt your little fingers..... :lol: I test at the moment at least 7 - times daily. I use the same three fingeres on each hand. I have used them for around 12 years at varying degrees of frequency. Are my fingers hurting, are they sore, are they damaged....NO !

What a load of drivel. All from a so called caring professional. At least you would think she could have the 'guts' to tell you the real reason. Pathetic.

I think you can tell I am not impressed...... :twisted:

Nothing new in my experience and these people want us to believe they are Professionals.

Being a diabetic is probably a lie too.