Odd one

PickledPepper

I know it's an odd question but I guess the only way to deal with it is to come straight out with it.

Does any other T2 hear and (slightly) feel a subtle churning sound coming from the about the same area I suspect the pancreas is, after eating carbs?

When I have more carbs than normal (even though my levels are frequently within prescribed limits), I hear this. I would guess it is my pancreas literally churning out insulin?

I never have this with low or carb free meals.

yes, I know it's a strange question. lol

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wonder if its actually the carbs causing this, or is it the type of food that contains the carbs? Does it happen with specific foods such as bread, breakfast cereals etc? I'm wondering if its some sort of food intolerance.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
A very odd question indeed...... :wink:

I think this is more a case of 'sounds/activity' emanating from your stomach........your internal plumbing :D

How can you differentiate where the noises come from ? I sometimes get 'noises/activity' from my stomach area which of course would also be the same area as your pancreas, which is situated in front of, and slightly below the stomach, along with the nearby intestines. As to which particular organ......I have no idea ! I get this sometimes before and also after meals/drinks, carby or not.

Just a thought...... :)

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Yep
i get it after having my Gliclazide it can also make you have wind :lol: :lol:
JF

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gall bladder produces lots of digestive juices, particularly to deal with fatty food, and discharges into small intestine near the head of the pancreas. Could that be what you are feeling?