OMG! ... What a find.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Hi low-carbers... (Is this an oxymoron?)

Check this out, it really is Y U M M Y... Y U M... Y U M!

Not cheap, however it is fantastic stuff!

https://lodough.co/

Enjoy!
Po

Reactions: lowcarbfixit

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi low-carbers... (Is this an oxymoron?)

Check this out, it really is Y U M M Y Y U M Y U M!

Not cheap, however it is fantastic stuff!

https://lodough.co/

Enjoy!
Po

Hi there, I think you will find most of us do know about it and it has been featured before. I think it's a bit like marmite though, you either love it or you hate it. I have tried it as a pizza base and it was ok with plenty of cheesy toppings to hide the taste but I find on its own (not that you would probably eat it on its own), it is pretty tasteless and to me tastes like cardboard or polystyrene!! The expense puts me off buying it, it's not that I'm tight but if I am going to pay over the odds for something that would last a few days then it has to be absolutely fab for me. Glad you found it though, what are you using it for? x

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I use lo-dough as a wrap filled with butter, marmite and Leerdammer cheese. I haven't eaten bread in two years, so I'm a big fan of this 2 grams of carbohydrate, 39 calorie bread-replacement. I'm also not ecstatic about using it as a pizza base.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi there, I think you will find most of us do know about it and it has been featured before. I think it's a bit like marmite though, you either love it or you hate it. I have tried it as a pizza base and it was ok with plenty of cheesy toppings to hide the taste but I find on its own (not that you would probably eat it on its own), it is pretty tasteless and to me tastes like cardboard or polystyrene!! The expense puts me off buying it, it's not that I'm tight but if I am going to pay over the odds for something that would last a few days then it has to be absolutely fab for me. Glad you found it though, what are you using it for? x

Pizza, wraps, garlic bread. I just got 'The cookbook' I'm reading it whilst eating a garlic bread with cheese!

I made a burrito last night and that worked really well.

Reactions: Antje77

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I use lo-dough as a wrap filled with butter, marmite and Leerdammer cheese. I haven't eaten bread in two years, so I'm a big fan of this 2 grams of carbohydrate, 39 calorie bread-replacement. I'm also not ecstatic about using it as a pizza base.

Mmmmm that sounds nice, I love marmite and Leerdammer
Po

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
tastes like cardboard or polystyrene!!
I find cardboard and polystyrene taste very different. I like polystyrene a little better than cardboard because of the chewy structure. So still no clue as to how lo dough tastes. Don't think it's available in the Netherlands so no way for me to find out :(

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think I’d just spread the Marmite on the Leerdammer! :joyful:

Lol that is always a good alternative....
It does do lots more than 'just' pizza

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We tried it a while back.
Mr B liked it, but baulked at the exorbitant price.
I only thought it was useful for pizza and homemade quiche, and the other uses were disappointing (like thin layers of polystyrene)

I did, however, massively appreciate the gluten freeness of it, and the excellently sealed packaging, which gave a nice long shelf life.

Actually, most of the cost can probably be explained by the packaging! Lol

Reactions: Evie-D

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We tried it a while back.
Mr B liked it, but baulked at the exorbitant price.
I only thought it was useful for pizza and homemade quiche, and the other uses were disappointing (like thin layers of polystyrene)

I did, however, massively appreciate the gluten freeness of it, and the excellently sealed packaging, which gave a nice long shelf life.

Actually, most of the cost can probably be explained by the packaging! Lol

Where can you get a pizza for £2? The one I just made would have cost £15 and I would have to go and get it.

PLUS The carbs would be off the scale. In the local shop it was 40 carbs for half a pizza!
Po

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where can you get a pizza for £2? The one I just made would have cost £15 and I would have to go and get it.

PLUS The carbs would be off the scale. In the local shop it was 40 carbs for half a pizza!
Po

Well, I did say I thought it was useful for pizza (and quiches), so I am not disagreeing with you.
It was the other bready/polystyrene uses that I thought were a waste of £2.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well, I did say I thought it was useful for pizza (and quiches), so I am not disagreeing with you.
It was the other bready/polystyrene uses that I thought were a waste of £2.

I am having a 'LoDough' chicken wrap tomorrow, I'll get back to you about how good (or otherwise) it is.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Like most wraps/pizza etc it is not the actual wrap or pizza base that has any real taste IMHO It is what we put in or on it that makes it exciting and tasty. My BBQ chicken wrap was A Maz Ing! And.. And... Hardly any carbs at all!
I am in the process of experimenting with making some Lo Carb sauces next.
This is where some of my daily self imposed 50g allowance goes. (You have to flavour the flavourless somehow).;)
Po

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've ordered some to try.......will deliver a verdict once we have had the opportunity to eat it!!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Like most wraps/pizza etc it is not the actual wrap or pizza base that has any real taste IMHO It is what we put in or on it that makes it exciting and tasty.....

I agree with you wholeheartedly, with that part. On that basis, why have a base or, wrap or whatever? I just go for more delciousness.

I was only thinking today, when my OH was having toast, at brekkers, with some rhubarb and ginger jame I had made for him the other day, that I haven't eaten bread (bread, pizza, wraps or pasta) for over 5 years.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I agree with you wholeheartedly, with that part. On that basis, why have a base or, wrap or whatever? I just go for more delciousness.

I was only thinking today, when my OH was having toast, at brekkers, with some rhubarb and ginger jame I had made for him the other day, that I haven't eaten bread (bread, pizza, wraps or pasta) for over 5 years.
Crumbs.... err. hang on no bread, no crumbs... need a better exclamation!

I am having a roast beef wrap with horseradish sauce with some lettuce and a 'tiny' tom. That would be messy to hold and eat without something to wrap it in.
Po

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Crumbs.... err. hang on no bread, no crumbs... need a better exclamation!

I am having a roast beef wrap with horseradish sauce with some lettuce and a 'tiny' tom. That would be messy to hold and eat without something to wrap it in.
Po

No. No bread.

Messy to hold? That's why we have cutlery.