One for those with meat heavy diet.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Just checking. With my diet swinging more towards meat with less veg I'm wondering about the macronutrient side of things.

Do you just take a vit supliment or is there a better option. Aside from the obvious.

Today I felt a bit off and my bloods were fine. A 5.6, half hour later still feeling off I was 6.

I have eaten since and still feel a little off centre. May just be a cold coming but the vitamin/mineral thing has been on my mind.

OMAD have been for a while now and very comfortable with it. Have no desire now to eat early or snack past habit.

Thanks.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I think you mean micronurtrient, not macronutrient. I don't take any supplements or vitamin pills. They do more harm than good, unless you have an officially diagnosed deficiency in something in particular.

Reactions: Ponchu

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just make sure you eat plenty of dairy alongside the meat. I am not a supplement lover. I prefer to know I am deficient by relevant blood tests or definite symptoms before even thinking about them.

Reactions: Ponchu

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Upping the protein also ups the ability to generate glucose when breaking it down.

This is one reason for the HF in LCHF - it is harder for your body to make glucose from fat than it is from protein.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I am more Keto LCHP, also alternate a bit to LCHF. I take some freshly squeezed lemon and lime if available just in case Vit C is a thing. I am aware of the potential lower requirement for Vit C on a lower carb regime, but I get away with lemon.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Why are you swinging that way?

I like meat, it's zero carb which is the big plus I suppose.
Fish, eggs, bacon, beef love it all. Spoiling it with green stuff, meh. Bit of salad I suppose. Veg doesn't excite like meat does.

My food just seems to be getting more meat biased. I know people out on the forum are full carnivore so wondered how they dealt with the shortcomings.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
people out on the forum are full carnivore so wondered how they dealt with the shortcomings.

You won’t get many of them admitting to any “shortcomings”

I hope it works for you, whatever it is you are trying to achieve.

Personally a varied diet, albeit very low in carbohydrates works wonders for me, but each must follow their own path.

Reactions: Pasha

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
The fewer carbs I eat the better I feel. Its that simple. Had an impromptu 48 HR fast last week that really wasn't at all difficult and in myself I felt on top of the world so I'm aiming to now avoid carbs whenever possible.
Currently omad and that is working well. Polish food is forming a bigger part of my diet as its delicious and more often than not zero carb being suet and meat. Invariably pork. Spanish chorizo adds some zing to the diet too.

Reactions: Guzzler

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The fewer carbs I eat the better I feel. Its that simple. Had an impromptu 48 HR fast last week that really wasn't at all difficult and in myself I felt on top of the world so I'm aiming to now avoid carbs whenever possible.
Currently omad and that is working well. Polish food is forming a bigger part of my diet as its delicious and more often than not zero carb being suet and meat. Invariably pork. Spanish chorizo adds some zing to the diet too.

@Spl@ I’m with you on the zero carb. Take a look at this article.

https://zerocarbzen.com/vitamin-c/

I do take some supplements - vitamin d3/k2 plus magnesium/ potassium to ward off cramps and folate as I was diagnosed with a deficiency. Will be retesting that in April to see if supplementing has worked.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
@Spl@ I’m with you on the zero carb. Take a look at this article.

https://zerocarbzen.com/vitamin-c/

I do take some supplements - vitamin d3/k2 plus magnesium/ potassium to ward off cramps and folate as I was diagnosed with a deficiency. Will be retesting that in April to see if supplementing has worked.

Very interesting read.

Another instance of the body having systems in place that we are just not aware of and the common public mind is not open enough to accept that they exist, like keto.
Put my mind very much at ease thanks.

M

Member496333

I don’t feel that carnivore would be nutritionally deficient so long as you’re eating plenty of organs and still consuming eggs and perhaps dairy. It’s not for me, simply because I love vegetables, but if I didn’t then my current diet would be pretty much carnivore anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
That's because there aren't any shortcomings.

I am starting to see that now. Amazing how our vitamin C need is due to carbohydrate. Without carbs our body needs very little if any. With the very need for the vitamin being removed by its components already being in meat.
Isn't the body amazing.

Reactions: Goonergal