Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Aye, it is very popular on the forum though I do not take artificial sweeteners so I cannot comment on the taste.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic!

And no spike in your bg Jayne?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I like it but a bit expensive for my taste.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love it! :hungry: I have three of the four flavours in my freezer right now. They email vouchers fairly frequently and Sainsburys put it on offer from time to time.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Currently on offer at ocado : 2 for £6 instead of £4.99/each - offer expires soon - order by 17th I
April if II remember right. My next few orders are in with the Oppo in - Ocado offers expiry date is the date ordered not the date delivered

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to enjoy the Oppo ice cream but it annoyed me that I was paying £5.99 a tub when everyone else could get it a £1 cheaper. Since reading on the forum about using frozen fruit and double cream blitzed with a dash of vanilla essence I’ve found I prefer that.

Reactions: LittleGreyCat

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't get Oppo where I live our Sainsbury's does not do it and I have never seen it in Tesco. I undersood that Holland and Barrett did it but our H&B have stopped doing frozen and chilled food so no luck there. I wouldn't buy it for me not an ice cream lover but my T2 husband is so know he would like it

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Since reading on the forum about using frozen fruit and double cream blitzed with a dash of vanilla essence I’ve found I prefer that.

I like the sound of that! Do you blitz them together while the fruit is still frozen? Whip the cream first? Does the fruit make the cream freeze or do you bung it in the freezer after blitzing?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like the sound of that! Do you blitz them together while the fruit is still frozen? Whip the cream first? Does the fruit make the cream freeze or do you bung it in the freezer after blitzing?
Last night I put 100g of frozen raspberries, 100g of greek yoghurt and 60ml of double cream in the blender and blitzed it. The results was a cold mousse like substance(bit like Mr Whippy in consistency) that was nice (I also added a teaspoon of truvia). The only problem was the raspberry pips which had become like very fine sand and got stuck in my teeth.

Reactions: NannyP 2 and DJC3

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I bought a couple of tubs of the chocolate and hazelnut Oppo yesterday as the weather forecast is for sunny and warmer weather next week. It's not on sale at my nearest Sainsburys, but I saw it in another bigger Sainsburys a little further away. It was £4 a tub, cheaper than Waitrose and Holland & Barretts where it's £4.99.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night I put 100g of frozen raspberries, 100g of greek yoghurt and 60ml of double cream in the blender and blitzed it. The results was a cold mousse like substance(bit like Mr Whippy in consistency) that was nice (I also added a teaspoon of truvia). The only problem was the raspberry pips which had become like very fine sand and got stuck in my teeth.

Hmmm. I can imagine the pips being a problem.

A proper cook would maybe thaw seive and freeze again but I couldn’t be doing with that.

I’ll probably wolf it down too quick to worry about seedy bits. It still sounds good and I think I’ll have a bash - I miss puddings.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought a couple of tubs of the chocolate and hazelnut Oppo yesterday as the weather forecast is for sunny and warmer weather next week. It's not on sale at my nearest Sainsburys, but I saw it in another bigger Sainsburys a little further away. It was £4 a tub, cheaper than Waitrose and Holland & Barretts where it's £4.99.

Chocolate and hazelnut is my favourite - a real treat.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I buy Oppo, store it in the freezer, and it evaporates.

At least, that is the only logical explanation because when I look again the pot is half empty and next time I look it has disappeared.

You don't get freezer mice do you?

Reactions: DJC3

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 I usually whip up the cream . Then I blitz the raspberries frozen . Then put them together with the vanilla essence and sometimes a teaspoon of sweetener. The result is just like icecream. The recipe I found and first used added a quantity of cream cheese too,but I found I didn't need it and all it did was add extra unnecessary calories.

Reactions: Divia and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I usually whip up the cream . Then I blitz the raspberries frozen . Then put them together with the vanilla essence and sometimes a teaspoon of sweetener. The result is just like icecream. The recipe I found and first used added a quantity of cream cheese too,but I found I didn't need it and all it did was add extra unnecessary calories.

Thanks mo53 Tomorrow’s pud sorted.
I can’t wait.
Might grate a Hotel Chocolate 100% cocoa button on top too

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I used to enjoy the Oppo ice cream but it annoyed me that I was paying £5.99 a tub when everyone else could get it a £1 cheaper. Since reading on the forum about using frozen fruit and double cream blitzed with a dash of vanilla essence I’ve found I prefer that.
That's a great idea.