Approved People who have Type 2 Diabetes and Heart Problems needed for interview!

J.Brown2023

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello

My name is Jess and I am a PhD health researcher with an interest in improving care for those with long term conditions.

I am looking for people who have Type 2 Diabetes and heart problems (e.g you have had a heart attack, have Angina, Coronary heart disease, Coronary artery disease) to take part in a 45 min interview exploring the experiences of living with two conditions.

Your support with this study would be greatly appreciated as the more understanding we have the more we can improve your current care and positively influence new health related frameworks!!

Please see flyer attached for more info!!!

This study has been ethically approved by Liverpool John Moores University, NHS Health Research Authority, and Diabetes.co.uk

Attachments

• PARTICIPANTS NEEDED .png
    PARTICIPANTS NEEDED .png
    396.5 KB · Views: 158
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Jess,

This sounds like such a piece of valuable research. I wonder if you had managed to join any Diabetes groups on Facebook and Twitter to help support your recruitment.

Best of luck with the project!

J.Brown2023

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello

My name is Jess and I am a PhD health researcher with an interest in improving care for those with long term conditions.

I am looking for people who have Type 2 Diabetes and heart problems (e.g you have had a heart attack, have Angina, Coronary heart disease, Coronary artery disease) to take part in a 45 min interview exploring the experiences of living with two conditions.

Your support with this study would be greatly appreciated as the more understanding we have the more we can improve your current care and positively influence new health related frameworks!!

Please see flyer attached for more info!!!

This study has been ethically approved by Liverpool John Moores University, NHS Health Research Authority, and Diabetes.co.uk
People who live with Type 2 Diabetes and heart related conditions (had a heart attack, have Angina, Coronary heart disease, Coronary artery disease or Atrial fibrillation) are still needed for this research! Have you had a heart attack in the past and currently live with type 2 diabetes? Or have any of the other conditions listed above please get in contact!! Your thoughts and opinions are much valued!! Thank you

Reactions: saky

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I had a 3x Coronary Artery Bypass 2 yrs before being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.
You probably don't want to hear from me because I don't follow the medical advice for either condition.
I put my T2D into remission in just a few months by doing the exact opposite of the advice my GP gave me, and when that worked I looked deeper into the theories on arterial plaque and came to the conclusion that Statins were not for me.

I eat a low Carb Higher (traditional) Fat, High Protein 'Way Of Eating' using Time Restricted Eating with no restriction on calories.
My lipid ratios have improved since coming off the Statin, though my LDL is higher than it was before.
On 8th December we start to get data from the lean Mass Hyper-Responders trial, so we will start to see evidence after 8th December as to whether I'm killing myself or not - I suspect not!

Reactions: lovinglife

J.Brown2023

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi thank you for sharing your experiences.

In fact I would find it really interesting to speak to you about all this and what the GP told you and how you came to find your own way to manage your conditions.

I can send you an email to discuss this further if you want to let me know your email address or choose to email me on [email protected]

Thank you
I had a 3x Coronary Artery Bypass 2 yrs before being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.
You probably don't want to hear from me because I don't follow the medical advice for either condition.
I put my T2D into remission in just a few months by doing the exact opposite of the advice my GP gave me, and when that worked I looked deeper into the theories on arterial plaque and came to the conclusion that Statins were not for me.

I eat a low Carb Higher (traditional) Fat, High Protein 'Way Of Eating' using Time Restricted Eating with no restriction on calories.
My lipid ratios have improved since coming off the Statin, though my LDL is higher than it was before.
On 8th December we start to get data from the lean Mass Hyper-Responders trial, so we will start to see evidence after 8th December as to whether I'm killing myself or not - I suspect not!