Perfect Low Carb Bread Recipe!!

Rooty

Interesting on oats. To be honest I blended an entire box (1kg) the other day, so I won't need to worry for a while. But I'll give it a go at a later date. I do quite like the idea of "artisan". :)

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love making from scratch. Can't understand why everyone's so upset about those stupid lidl rolls when you can just bake this up.
'Stupid Lidl rolls'??? Oooh, sacrilege!! ;) Would you have them in Canada, @LouWilk059? Not everyone likes or wants to make from scratch, especially if like me your bread-making attempts are laughable, although the smell of home-made freshly-baked bread wafting through the house is gorgeous. HPRs are very handy for taking on holiday or when staying with friends/relatives - it's a bit tricky to suddenly announce you want to take over the kitchen for a bread-making session! But thanks for the tips/recipes from you and @Rooty, and also @Mr_Pot. I'm going to give the soya and linseed rolls a go over the Easter weekend as no doubt we'll have Beast from the East 3 or Soggy Beast from the West (innumerable) so a good time to be in and baking :)

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
'Stupid Lidl rolls'??? Oooh, sacrilege!! ;) Would you have them in Canada, @LouWilk059? Not everyone likes or wants to make from scratch, especially if like me your bread-making attempts are laughable, although the smell of home-made freshly-baked bread wafting through the house is gorgeous. HPRs are very handy for taking on holiday or when staying with friends/relatives - it's a bit tricky to suddenly announce you want to take over the kitchen for a bread-making session! But thanks for the tips/recipes from you and @Rooty, and also @Mr_Pot. I'm going to give the soya and linseed rolls a go over the Easter weekend as no doubt we'll have Beast from the East 3 or Soggy Beast from the West (innumerable) so a good time to be in and baking :)
lol, I only call them stupid (the rolls, NOT the consumer) as they keep taking them away. I have no patience for that.

I baked the bread but haven't tried the rolls yet, although MrPot has. The bread really does taste like bread! Let us know how it goes.

eabhamurphy

I love making from scratch. Can't understand why everyone's so upset about those stupid lidl rolls when you can just bake this up.
This post opened my eyes to the reality that if I can buy it (Lidl bread) then I can surely make it. I was becoming obsessed with finding Lidls that still have stock. I've switched my efforts to making my own. Started with fathead dough rolls (Which were delicious) and then this loaf. So much better and I can tweak and make exactly to taste! It's been really great! :) thanks guys!

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
This post opened my eyes to the reality that if I can buy it (Lidl bread) then I can surely make it. I was becoming obsessed with finding Lidls that still have stock. I've switched my efforts to making my own. Started with fathead dough rolls (Which were delicious) and then this loaf. So much better and I can tweak and make exactly to taste! It's been really great! :) thanks guys!
You're welcome!

I was just wondering this morning if I could use splenda brown sugar to make cinnamon rolls. This recipe opens up the world of baking again.

Last edited:

Jo123

Just bumping this thread as 8 years after the original thread I have finally got round to trying the original bread!
It is currently in the bread machine, for a good result!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Be sure you have the fast acting yeast if using a bread machine.
I used ordinary and it was not working at all. With the fast acting I got the first acceptable results with the bread machine. When I used to make bread I would mix it in the morning, then cook it in time for the children coming home, so it was always well risen.

Reactions: Jo123

Jo123

Thanks for the tip @Resurgam, it was fast acting yeast and it was an absolute disaster! As per another poster it was a big misshapen lump! Not enough liquid, I might try today with 2 cups of liquid.

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I'm pleased that this post has resurfaced. I've made the Keto King's low carb bread (You tube) with great success, but found the texture slightly rubbery and irritated my digestive system somewhat. Is this bread rubbery, especially the crust? Or is it about the same as an ordinary loaf?

Thanks.

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your reply. I don't think I'll bother until I have some positive feedback. The Keto King's low carb bread on You Tube is good. I've made in several times in my breadmaker, but, as I mentioned, it does irritate my digestive track. Best wishes.