1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Perfect Low Carb Bread Recipe!!

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by SamJB, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Rooty

Rooty · Member

Interesting on oats. To be honest I blended an entire box (1kg) the other day, so I won't need to worry for a while. But I'll give it a go at a later date. I do quite like the idea of "artisan". :)

2. Sue192

Sue192 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

'Stupid Lidl rolls'??? Oooh, sacrilege!! ;) Would you have them in Canada, @LouWilk059? Not everyone likes or wants to make from scratch, especially if like me your bread-making attempts are laughable, although the smell of home-made freshly-baked bread wafting through the house is gorgeous. HPRs are very handy for taking on holiday or when staying with friends/relatives - it's a bit tricky to suddenly announce you want to take over the kitchen for a bread-making session! But thanks for the tips/recipes from you and @Rooty, and also @Mr_Pot. I'm going to give the soya and linseed rolls a go over the Easter weekend as no doubt we'll have Beast from the East 3 or Soggy Beast from the West (innumerable) so a good time to be in and baking :)

3. LouWilk059

LouWilk059 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

lol, I only call them stupid (the rolls, NOT the consumer) as they keep taking them away. I have no patience for that.

I baked the bread but haven't tried the rolls yet, although MrPot has. The bread really does taste like bread! Let us know how it goes.

4. eabhamurphy

eabhamurphy · Well-Known Member

This post opened my eyes to the reality that if I can buy it (Lidl bread) then I can surely make it. I was becoming obsessed with finding Lidls that still have stock. I've switched my efforts to making my own. Started with fathead dough rolls (Which were delicious) and then this loaf. So much better and I can tweak and make exactly to taste! It's been really great! :) thanks guys!

5. LouWilk059

LouWilk059 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You're welcome!

I was just wondering this morning if I could use splenda brown sugar to make cinnamon rolls. This recipe opens up the world of baking again.

#85 LouWilk059, Mar 23, 2018 at 9:27 PM
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook