Possible Hypos?

ghost_whistler

I would diaagree that it's "the ideal state". It's a back up system for the body.

You can choose to plan your diet as you wish : )

I agree that stepping away from the meter might be sensible, but I would also repeat my suggestion you see an understanding doctor for further input on the cause of your symptoms.
I appreciate your advice.

I don't know whether it's the ideal state fror the body. What I mean to say is that for a great many people (which isn't a scientific claim by any means) they report feeling better than they have ever felt while fat adapted. Just listening to the people in that panorama documentary or the huge number of testimonials posted on FB (with some pretty impressive pictures - fwiw). It also seems to be a tried and tested (again YMMV) way of dealing with blood sugar issues, including diabetes. People here are a testament to that.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
If you are getting so worried and fretting about food and bloods etc... you are wasting so much enjoyment time and actual living for fun!!! This could also have benefits which far out do analysing everything about your life...

I'm worried that you are delightfully taking an interest in looking after yourself but I am fearing that it is overwhelming your daily living and enjoyment of life...

If you get less stressed about it all you may well find a good balance....

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't understand though why you are hammering away at eating 15gm of carbs per day when you are getting those low readings and not feeling well at all.
It must be a terrific shock and your metabolism does not seem to be responding well.
Most people who try the Atkins diet feel wonderful when they are eating 30 to 40 gm of carbs a day from specific types of foods. If you don't like the idea of a fat fast then a more usual amount of carbs might at least make you feel better.
My blood test numbers have made me more than happy - have really stymied the healthcare people, and I've not eaten below 40gm of carbs a day even at the start because I know it makes me go all wobbly if I do. I've increased carb intake a little, because that is how it is done on Atkins.
I might have to go down a bit to get more weightloss, but all the numbers to do with diabetes are getting better, which for another month or so will be all that I am bothered about. It isn't a 'how low can you go' contest but a regime for getting better numbers and feeling well