Post your annoyances to vent!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Having your flu-jab turn out like a bee sting. Red, hot, swollen and painful, and that's 2 days after the deed.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up this morning thinking how nice it is if you wake up just minutes before the alarm goes. Tested, injected to counter the feet on the floor effect (when your bg shoots up upon getting up, I need a pretty big dose for that), woke up a bit more and remembered the alarm wouldn't go for another hour.
Had to get up anyway because I already injected.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Discovering your avocado is all brown inside and it’s the only low carb thing in the house because you haven’t been shopping yet, and all the other food is too carby :bored:

Pod beeping during the minute’s silence... :borg:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Oh I love this thread so much!

1. Predicting your eating-out meal insulin and when it arrives the carbs are too much/ not enough and you’ve already jabbed.
2. My mother-in-law insisting her type 2 husband can do shortbread by the kilo but not Lurpak.
3. My mother-in-law ( can you see what I’m doing here? ) telling me she read in the Daily Nazi that that nice Mrs May cures low blood sugars with a Brazil nut?
4. My mother-in-law’s sister screeching ‘eh you can’t have that!’ if I stare at the Christmas Birds trifle offering.
5. People coming up to you and whispering ‘are you sure you can eat those?’

I’ll stop while I’m ahead x

"The Daily Nazi". I love it!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Just to put all your mind's at rest, I did not eat said Maltesers. Not because I was very sensible or very strong willed but because my middle son said "No Mum, I am not your enabler" when I asked him to pass them to me. Now I need to grumble about the sons that I have educated about carbs... and don't do as they're blummin' well told!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to put all your mind's at rest, I did not eat said Maltesers. Not because I was very sensible or very strong willed but because my middle son said "No Mum, I am not your enabler" when I asked him to pass them to me. Now I need to grumble about the sons that I have educated about carbs... and don't do as they're blummin' well told!
You've obviously done a great job with the kids...!

Reactions: Guzzler

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When scrolling through a thread I find myself having to scroll through a fellow members signature/ medical history.:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Reducing Insulin because of being active afterwards and it still goes low, a hypo, eat to get it back up, oh no, it falls to 2.4 and the rest of the afternoon/evening is pants, because I feel ill, exhausted too.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

Woe betide anyone who comes between me and a packet of Maltesers.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Your T1 friend is going into a hypo, and you rummage through her kitchen to find some non-mouldy juice, but settle for a glass of milk as the 2nd best thing, but she won't drink it because, as she says 'I'll just disconnect my pump, I can manage, thank you", while I'm sick with worry as I've seen her hypo before. One hour later she finally decides to drink the milk.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When you prick your finger for a blood sugar test and it only bleeds a tiny bit, you think you’ll get away with it but the meter comes up error! :banghead:

D

Deleted member 308541

When scrolling through a thread I find myself having to scroll through a fellow members signature/ medical history.:)
If you scroll on the left or right of the page this stops that, I am a left hand scroller myself just to miss the sig.

Reactions: Kikeena_

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried moving your mouse out of the text boxes then scrolling..? you don't get the signature scrolls then.. or at least I don't on my desktop.. no idea about the app sorry.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you don't read the full thread and post an answer to someone to find someone else has put exactly the same on another post...!
I only do that about 10 times a day!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you don't read the full thread and post an answer to someone to find someone else has put exactly the same on another post...!
I only do that about 10 times a day!
Don't worry, we'll simply assume it took you more than 3 minutes to write below sentence.
Have you tried moving your mouse out of the text boxes then scrolling..? you don't get the signature scrolls then.. or at least I don't on my desktop.. no idea about the app sorry.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The alternative is annoying as well: Wanting to react to a post, scrolling through to read the other reactions to prevent repeated answers and then trying to find the post you wanted to react to again. Especially as by the time you've read all reactions you've found at least 3 more answers you want to react to and have forgotten who or what you wanted to react to in the first place.

Reactions: DJC3