1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Post your annoyances to vent!

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Antje77, Nov 10, 2018.

1. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Wow it has taken a long time. Is that about the right amount of time to wait?
    Here's me hoping your husband will speak to you somehow. If it's possible. Thinking of you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Keep correcting her. Some are slow listeners!

• Like Like x 2
  3. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Argh!!! The time it's taking for my bariatric op. In Feb'19 now. :) :( :(. Oh and suggested I do 800cals til then.
    Are they mad? 8wks has been a huge headache and so damaging to my low carb way of life.
    So......... I'm now doing my own relaxed version to stop weight gain and occasional a quarter of a kg loss a week.
    Good job I'm creative and easy going.
    If I wanted to starve my weight off I wouldn't need op for horrific hunger. I'd just manage the hunger.
    Who agrees to a major op when they can do the same themselves. DURR!

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. carty

carty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

People who tell me I am too thin to be diabetic
    Carol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I’m glad I’m not the only one - we’re off on a 12 day cruise tomorrow so I ordered the meds early last week to ensure we had them. Went to Pick them up on Friday and was told that they owed one of my husbands heart pills - when I asked how many the response was ‘all of them and they’ll be in Monday at 12.30 so I can pick them up then’ after a short conversation with them and a phone call on their part I picked then up yesterday!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Lamont D

Lamont D Reactive hypoglycemia · Master

My journey to work!
    Always late, wether I take the bus or train and always crowded.
    I have a choice of bus or train, and regardless of choice something always happens to delay my eta!
    Friday for instance, decided because of term time, the train is less crowded and more or less likely to get me early enough so that my bosses won't notice.
    So halfway through journey, I have to switch trains, usually a five minute wait, however, at that particular time all the signals on the station's went down and every train for a n hour was cancelled. I finally got there only an hour and three quarters late.
    Typical!
    Especially when you have people depending on your punctuality!

I did hear the bus that I would or should have got, was twenty minutes late as well!

• Hug Hug x 2
  7. rosco 2

rosco 2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Have you tried telling her to shut the f*** up? That usually gets a result.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ian_Laye

Ian_Laye Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

My 84yr old father insisting that the experts are correct in their advice even though my results using LCHF have put me in the non diabetic range and my LDLs have dropped Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  9. Ian_Laye

Ian_Laye Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

My father getting divorced from his second wife (not my mother) at age 78 then after waiting 2 yrs to sell his house then asking me if he could move in with me. Obviously I couldn't say no. lol

10. rosco 2

rosco 2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well...actually you could but chose not to. Different thing. Do you need to talk to someone? I took in my mother when my father died, she behaved badly and I put her in sheltered housing. She had no excuses for her behaviour other than not wanting me to have a partner.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

A 'spontaneous' day out, you know that last minute "Shall we go too......." turns into nothing but as you:

Check your BSL
    Check you've got snacks,
    Check you've got insulin,
    Check you've got enough insulin,
    Check you got all the contact numbers you need,
    Check you various meters have power and test strips,
    Check you have something to carry it all in

And because you have taken so long to sort all that **** you go "you know what can't be ***** lets just stay in and have a brew" :hilarious:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #71 Knikki, Nov 11, 2018 at 8:31 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2018
  12. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

Meant to have been October but delayed as the SHO (that did ****** all) is on holiday and not back til December!!

I met with the Clinical Director and got all my answers and apologies and really now it’s a formality now. Just that it fall s on our anniversary date!!

Some inquests have taken 3 years!! Our area has amalgamated two offices and this has caused delays too, but hopefully some costs...

Took a photo on a lake walk the other day, was thinking that it was the first time I had gone round the lake since John died... took photo and this bright blue light dazzled momentarily whilst I took photo!!!
    IMG_2261.jpg

Nothing there before and nothing the after!! Got to be a sign that he there with me....miss him so much every day.

• Hug Hug x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Shiba Park

Shiba Park Type 1 · Well-Known Member

When you tell someone you're T1 and they ask "have you ever been obese?" Insulting just about the entire diabetic population of all types in a single question! I suppose my irritation should really be aimed at our ignorant meeja rather than the individuals.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

I've experienced sunbeams which warmed my body in a very stressful time. They followed me then was gone. I do believe someone I knew very well was watching over me. Too.
    I'm thinking of you. You remarkable lady.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. briped

briped Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I don't get it. I'm obese. That's a fact, so being called obese ... How can that be an insult? I get that the question might seem relevant to the uninitiated masses and therefore annoying to encounter again and again, but why do you think it an insult to the entire diabetic population?

• Like Like x 1
  16. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It’s not just a statement of fact in these cases though is it. Because it implies being fat caused the diabetes. Which implies it’s all your own fault, lack of sympathy/empathy, draining the nhs etc etc. The press has ingrained this blame far beyond what I believe the facts justify.

Personally I think my life choices had some effect but I believe genetics/luck, call it what you will, also did. I took better care of myself than many do but it still happened.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

When your insulin pump pod fails in the middle of Costco, and you have to make use of the edge of a handy pallet of frying pans to fill and initiate a new one...

6DEA3A79-AD1C-4BAA-9B2C-01060D35153A.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

It's late (later than where you are too) and there was alcohol involved. But it took me about 5 minutes to work out you don't need a frying pan to do something important to your insulin pump :p
    It was only the flat surface you needed, right? Not cooking up your insulin?

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Shiba Park

Shiba Park Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It isn't the assumption that I used to be obese, it's the assumption that all forms of diabetes are caused by obesity. As far as I know, T2 is the only flavour associated with obesity so the above automatically applies to everyone other than T2's. I am far from an expert about T2, but I am aware that there are a lot of T2's who aren't obese. And vice versa. Equally I'm sure there are some who are 'self inflicted' by being over weight; if that's you waving your arm to say 'that's me!' - I take my hat off to you for your honesty and self responsibility. But there are plenty on this forum who don't identify with that scenario and I'm in no position to disagree with them.

• Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook