Type 2 Practice nurse said not to test

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie thanks very much, I'd appreciate any help/suggestions/guidance. thank you for offering. As I said before we are only tested once a year, so I think self testing is good, a lot can happen in a year, I've asked for 6 months but been told government rule is every 12monrhs, asked to go on course, told don't need it, asked to see dietician, told font need. I feel like I'm just a number to them. Thanks agsin, any suggestions very welcome.
Okay Maureen...working this weekend...will have a look at this early next week...may have to ask you a few questions...will send you message.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My next appointment for a test is next year - I was last seen in June - I am simply not interesting enough.
I found a meter at Lidl and sent off for more strips - but I think that I am OK for some time as I am testing only to be sure I am still on the right track.
When I could keep my numbers under 8mmol/l I started to feel more reassured, but by sticking to the same foods and meals I saw that my numbers were dropping - I was testing less, but the numbers were always a little bit lower.
Now I only test when I think I have overdone something - but the last time I did that I was still under 8mmo/l.
I stick to low carb foods for more of my foods, but I allow myself small amounts of slightly higher foods which I like to have - such as the lowest carb content chocolate I can find. It really does seem to be working, and I could manage without testing if I had to now I have it sorted.
I am really pleased that I can manage without medication, as the thought of it really stiffens my will power. I was far more ill from the tablets than the diabetes.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay Maureen...working this weekend...will have a look at this early next week...may have to ask you a few questions...will send you message.
@Bubbsie. Hi thanks sorry didn't see your txt was at daughters, she's exspecting baby early Dec. She miscarried last Dec. Thanks for your helpx

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My next appointment for a test is next year - I was last seen in June - I am simply not interesting enough.
I found a meter at Lidl and sent off for more strips - but I think that I am OK for some time as I am testing only to be sure I am still on the right track.
When I could keep my numbers under 8mmol/l I started to feel more reassured, but by sticking to the same foods and meals I saw that my numbers were dropping - I was testing less, but the numbers were always a little bit lower.
Now I only test when I think I have overdone something - but the last time I did that I was still under 8mmo/l.
I stick to low carb foods for more of my foods, but I allow myself small amounts of slightly higher foods which I like to have - such as the lowest carb content chocolate I can find. It really does seem to be working, and I could manage without testing if I had to now I have it sorted.
I am really pleased that I can manage without medication, as the thought of it really stiffens my will power. I was far more ill from the tablets than the diabetes.
@Resurgam hi Id love to be completly of meds, so many side effects, tummy problems, lost so much hair I could stuff a cushion, night sweats, flushes, hives ect. I do keep it under control pretty much but recently had odd bad days, can't seem to make my daughter understand about diabetes, she cant seem to understand a treat is occasional, & starchy food isn't good, hopefully one day she'll understand. You mention chocolate, aldi do an 85% dark chocolate Keep up the good work, wish you well