pre-diabetes, fasting blood sugars.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 again (but yesterday was 7.2 :mad: ) up n down , Nurses Pre-diabetes appt next week ! :nailbiting:

Reactions: Prem51

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
most of my fasting reading are normal , my problem in post meal glucose
Are you taking the test 2 hours after eating , my post meal tests are not good always especially if I take the test strictly 2 hrs after , I need to wait 2 1/2 to 3 hrs , then its normal. :oldman::rolleyes:

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 Bah!!! Beans last night? (not the sugar free ones but good on 'the plan')

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.8 barbecue & wine & ice cream yesterday :facepalm:, this was taken after Morning coffee with almond milk & sweetener. Are there any decent alternatives to ice cream? :spitoutdummy:Not yogurt :shifty:

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning yesterday was 6.6 . up n down still but better.:borg:;)

tsk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You can do some exercises and modify your diet by reducing sugars. In a few weeks your sugar lvelle will be normal or near normal if all other factors are fine.

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:p
You can do some exercises and modify your diet by reducing sugars. In a few weeks your sugar lvelle will be normal or near normal if all other factors are fine.

I go to the gym 2/3 times a week walk the dogs go swimming 2 x a week mostly , it's when I have to take time away from that it's difficult , also I am following a dietary plan , it's not always easy to stick to , but I never drink sugary drinks . It's easy to think that just because someone is getting high readings it's because they've never ever eaten lettuce . Not everyone is Pre-diabetic because they are lazy and fat . :angelic:

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's a big IF!

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you taking the test 2 hours after eating , my post meal tests are not good always especially if I take the test strictly 2 hrs after , I need to wait 2 1/2 to 3 hrs , then its normal. :oldman::rolleyes:
What do you get if you test one hour and 1.5 hours after eating? It seems to me that if the rise is delayed then it is normal for the fall also to be delayed. In my case, sometimes once my bg has gone up it stays up for hours, which clearly is not good.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

......................." if all other factors are fine".That would surely mean that you were not diabetic in the first place.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
83 mg/dl very early this morning. Pity others are not posting here, its not a competition but it is a good discipline.