pre-diabetes, fasting blood sugars.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My FBG has reduced a bit over the last 2 years to the point where it is nearly always below 6, problem is it rises throughout the morning and it appears there is little I can do to combat it. I try eating a little or not eating, it makes no difference. It can be up to 7 by 10.30am. I do a bit of exercise and it comes down, but then gradually increases again :banghead::banghead:.
So if your bg gradually rises again after you exercise at about 10.30, at what point does it fall again to your more typical <6? Is it lunch that marks the divide?

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
No its just the morning. A small low carb snack such as a few nuts upon waking does seem to halt the rise a bit but not much.
I find that cheese does that for me

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
91 mg/dl , using the "zero carbohydrate" WOE.Figures throughout the day were very good and stable, practically no hills and valleys.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Really zero carbs?

Yes , really zero carbs. Of course thats what I put into my system, but of course as we both know, the process of gluconeogenesis will convert some of that feedstock into glucose according specific needs

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
So, you are a true carnivore and you eat only (some) fish, flesh, fowl and fat?

Not yet I am still at. the beginning but if the good results continue on a daily basis then most probably I shall. Need to pass the tests of time to see if I can cope with ALL the aspects of this WOE. I am on Androgen Depletion Hormone therapy and one of the side effects is to increase BG values, so thats an extra incentive to make a go of it.

Last edited:

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not yet I am still at. the beginning but if the good results continue on a daily basis then most probably I shall. Need to pass the tests of time to see if I can cope with ALL the aspects of this WOE. I am on Androgen Depletion Hormone therapy and of of the side effects is to increase BG values, so thats an extra incentive to make a go of it.
It is very misleading to claim to be eating zero carbs when that is not the case. How could you say. "Yes , really zero carbs." when that was not true?

Reactions: Dean76

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It is very misleading to claim to be eating zero carbs when that is not the case. How could you say. "Yes , really zero carbs." when that was not true?

Please explain yourself . are you implying that I was dishonest, ignorant or both. Just be straight and come out with it. Dont play games .

Reactions: Dean76

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please explain yourself . are you implying that I was dishonest, ignorant or both. Just be straight and come out with it. Dont play games .
When you said, "Yes , really zero carbs." by your own account you were not telling the truth. Or, the only alternative explanation I can think of is that when you wrote this you did not understand the carb content of foods, but now you have informed yourself and you realise your statement was not correct. IMO it's one or the other, but I would not say, both.

I am being a bit hard on you @Pasha because I quite often see the "I am eating zero carbs" claim on this Forum, and never yet have I found it to be correct, though I know there are a few "carnivores" who might be able justly to claim this. We learn from each other all the time on this site and depend on each other to give accurate information. Exaggeration is SO not helpful, especially for the new members who have not yet learned to be wary of it.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
83 mg/dl and very happy with the result.

Last edited: