• Start Date

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Tracy27 Morning fasting blood glucose levels are often higher due to 'Dawn Phenomenon' where your liver dumps glucose into your blood stream as you wake to get you going. Non-diabetics get it too.
6.5 is fine, anything between 4-7 is ok.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ugh, 7.0 this am, where did that come from? Seems my liver has a life of it's own.. I wish I could crack that party!

Reactions: Prem51

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this afternoon but feeling low had carby breakfast so surprised at result , just took another 4.7 amazing but feeling a bit groggy BP was OK . no pains .

Last edited:

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
108 this morning,just back from 10 days in hospital due to pneumonia.Still 2 more days to go on antibiotics.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
113 mg/dl or about 6.3 m moles /liter ie a bit shabby. Tomorrow is another day.

Reactions: Prem51

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning 4.6 this afternoon recently got an Hba1C of 34mmol should I ignore these possibly 'dawn Phenomenon' readings?

Reactions: Prem51 and Pasha

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this am, second under six this week! 4.8 late afternoon. Hope is on the horizon!
@PreDiet don't worry too much about the morning readings, hopefully they will come down eventually, mine are taking seemingly forever to stay under the magic six.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this am, wow! No hang on, that cannot be right. Quick retest, normal (for me) 6.1! I think the cause for the low one was a very small blood sample. Although the meter accepted the blood, I have noticed in the past lower readings from small samples. Not exactly a fault of the meter, but one to watch!