DianaMC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes again, lots of hidden carbs even in prescription meds. There are often no alternatives. IMO it is insane that if we need meds we are often forced to consume added sugar/carbs (and also dyes). What kind of idiots are we supposed to be, that our tablets need to be brightly coloured and taste sweet? Even if pills contain sweeteners instead of sugar, not all sweeteners are no-carb. You will find warnings on the accompanying leaflets that this med may raise bg, but I have yet to find a health professional who cares. They think I am making a fuss about nothing.

Bit of good news to add here. I was visiting Hereford recently and, as always, attracted to any independent health shop I find tucked away. This time, found one run by a family importing stock from the USA, Poland and Russia - including a cranberry solution with no nasty sugar or sweetener additives - yay! It’s better for at home, maybe, as a bit less portable than tablets. But not impossible to take away - it’s in a little dropper bottle and you add the drops to water.