1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Prediabetic.

Discussion in 'Prediabetes' started by David Dp., Jul 13, 2021.

1. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

As you are in the prediabetic range @David Dp. I'd advise saving your money and buying more protein foods with it - with a Hba1c of 44 you are not far from normal numbers and a few small changes in diet ought to do the trick. A CGM is way overdoing the monitoring.... IMO anyway

2. David Dp.

David Dp. · Member

Thank you for your message,

I am prediabetic (44) do not smoke or drink, not much overweight, no interest in cooking (cant cook, wont cook) so I am more interested in finding out what others eat/drink during different times during different days, in order to bring down my 44 number ?

Being a clinically extremely vulnerable person, i have been requested to stay indoors during this pandemic and, as such, have had little or no exercise from the beginning of lockdown. It's been somewhat difficult to say the least.

My usual doctor hasn't telephoned me today (off ill) nor has this elusive Health Coach !!

No idea what I would do without the help and advice from members of this forum.

Best wishes and kind regards to all,

David

3. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I've got a grill which sensed temperature - I can put in a chop or other piece of meat, program it - from the pictures, and then wait until it peeps the right number of times to tell me it is done. I can add some mushrooms to cook at the same time - so it might not even count as cooking.
    I also have a Tefal Actifry - drop in a pack of chicken thighs press the button until the right time shows, let it cook - or there is the halogen oven - that has both time and temperature controls so veges underneath, chicken on a rack - set for half the time, stir the veges turn the chicken over, set for the other half of the time, lift out the food and make some gravy with the juice in the bottom of the cooking bowl. It might be possible to simplify the process but it would take someone clever to work out how.

4. Omar51

Omar51 · Active Member

Goo
    Good Suggestion!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook