Prediabetic.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi DanW13,

Thank you for advice, however, I cannot seem to find any apps with that exact name ?

Please advise.

Best wishes and kind regards.

David
As you are in the prediabetic range @David Dp. I'd advise saving your money and buying more protein foods with it - with a Hba1c of 44 you are not far from normal numbers and a few small changes in diet ought to do the trick. A CGM is way overdoing the monitoring.... IMO anyway

David Dp.

As you are in the prediabetic range @David Dp. I'd advise saving your money and buying more protein foods with it - with a Hba1c of 44 you are not far from normal numbers and a few small changes in diet ought to do the trick. A CGM is way overdoing the monitoring.... IMO anyway

Thank you for your message,

I am prediabetic (44) do not smoke or drink, not much overweight, no interest in cooking (cant cook, wont cook) so I am more interested in finding out what others eat/drink during different times during different days, in order to bring down my 44 number ?

Being a clinically extremely vulnerable person, i have been requested to stay indoors during this pandemic and, as such, have had little or no exercise from the beginning of lockdown. It's been somewhat difficult to say the least.

My usual doctor hasn't telephoned me today (off ill) nor has this elusive Health Coach !!

No idea what I would do without the help and advice from members of this forum.

Best wishes and kind regards to all,

David

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your message,

I am prediabetic (44) do not smoke or drink, not much overweight, no interest in cooking (cant cook, wont cook) so I am more interested in finding out what others eat/drink during different times during different days, in order to bring down my 44 number ?

Being a clinically extremely vulnerable person, i have been requested to stay indoors during this pandemic and, as such, have had little or no exercise from the beginning of lockdown. It's been somewhat difficult to say the least.

My usual doctor hasn't telephoned me today (off ill) nor has this elusive Health Coach !!

No idea what I would do without the help and advice from members of this forum.

Best wishes and kind regards to all,

David
I've got a grill which sensed temperature - I can put in a chop or other piece of meat, program it - from the pictures, and then wait until it peeps the right number of times to tell me it is done. I can add some mushrooms to cook at the same time - so it might not even count as cooking.
I also have a Tefal Actifry - drop in a pack of chicken thighs press the button until the right time shows, let it cook - or there is the halogen oven - that has both time and temperature controls so veges underneath, chicken on a rack - set for half the time, stir the veges turn the chicken over, set for the other half of the time, lift out the food and make some gravy with the juice in the bottom of the cooking bowl. It might be possible to simplify the process but it would take someone clever to work out how.

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Goo
Hi and welcome to the forums.

I start by stating clearly that I assume you are a borderline Type 2 diabetic who is not yet on any medication!

The majority of what we eat turns into glucose in the body for use as energy. We (humans) generally eat a lot of carbohydrates and there are 'simple' carb's and 'complex' carb's.

Simple carb's include sugars and starchy rice. These break down into glucose easily and are readily absorbed by the body. Complex carb's are foods like pasta and bread which take longer to break down. Basic sugars like sucrose, dextrose and fructose (found in fruit) are a problem for us.

You will benefit from reducing your carb' intake. Bread, pasta, potato and rice are arguably the main culprits but also watch out for a few surprises like certain fruits (bananas apples and pears) that contain fructose. If you like to eat fruit then berries are generally better option.

Beer may be a bit carb laden and may raise blood glucose but a glass of wine or a shot of harder stuff is less likely to have a major effect. Watch out for mixers though.

Protein found in meat and eggs takes much longer to break down than carb's. You will find that a bacon and egg breakfast does a lot less harm than a bowl of cereal.

Think about getting a home blood glucose testing device as it's really the only way of finding out what certain foods do to YOUR bodys' glucose levels as your experience will be different to others.

Ask more questions - we're here to help.
Good luck.
Urb'
Good Suggestion!

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi thanks for the response and good info

Over 12 years I am pre (call it borderline T2). For 12 years regularly I have been testing my BG and keeping all records. I eat gluten-free but I am not celiac.

I eat very little carb, very lean meat(chicken breast and salmon) no red meat, no starchy food, no rice pasta potatoes,

My breakfast is egg omelette, non fat plain fage yogurt with golden ground flaxseed, a big salad with 2 times avocado, No starchy vegetables, no canned food and no fruits.
I use a lot of fresh mushrooms, garlic, ginger and Turmeric powder.

My metabolism is very good, Indeed I am pre and take no medicine and almost all my numbers are in non diabetic range for now, along with my A1c.

It’s not easy and a lot of work to make all fresh meals, the downside is that I eat almost the same with little change every day which I am used to and I can live with it. Thanks for the useful info..

Last edited: