Pregnancy/ trying to conceive type 1 diabetes

GRW92

Hi everyone,

I guess I’m looking for advice and insight into trying to conceive/ pregnancy with type 1 diabetes. I’ve only been diagnosed just over 2 years and have a nearly 3 year old daughter, so diabetes and pregnancy is going to be a new challenge when it happens.
I had my Mirena coil out beginning of April so we’ve only been trying for 6 months and I know things can take a while to settle. I’m currently 16 days late for my period (but had been pretty regular with the exception of one cycle) and have had negative tests (last one at 14 days late). I know false negatives are possible and know people that have had this up to as late as 6-8 weeks pregnant, but I’m becoming more disheartened.
I saw a trainee GP at my surgery this morning who was quite rude and said about fertility issues with diabetes and if I have bad control (my hba1c is 45 so that’s really good), and said I’m clearly not pregnant if home tests say negative. She sent me on my way without any help, leaving my more worried and I’m no closer to finding out if there is a problem with my periods or it is pregnancy. I’m just feeling so upset with type 1 diabetes, as I’m sure you all have felt the same, it’s bloody hard work and I didn’t realise it could possibly effect my fertility.
My DSN was much more sympathetic and giving some support to get to the bottom of things but it’s a waiting game.
Sorry about the essay!
Have any other type 1 ladies out there had any similar situations? Or trouble with falling pregnant?

Thank you

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, I had my daughter at 42 1/2 years old, but 18 months before that, I had a miscarriage, I put that down to mother nature.
I just wanted to say, there is always hope, even though you may not see that, and everything looks bleak, never give up and try to be positive and not let it take over, because once you start to relax a little, great things might happen.
I wish you all the luck in the world.
Take care x

GRW92

Hi, I had my daughter at 42 1/2 years old, but 18 months before that, I had a miscarriage, I put that down to mother nature.
I just wanted to say, there is always hope, even though you may not see that, and everything looks bleak, never give up and try to be positive and not let it take over, because once you start to relax a little, great things might happen.
I wish you all the luck in the world.
Take care x
Thank you so much for your kind words and inspiring story. It’s reassuring to know I’m not alone x