Prof Tim Noakes

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
How many more are due to be released?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No idea. I'm going to subscribe to the Cape Town Live channel and will add them here as I find them.

Brilliant. I am bundling them into my YouTube channel and will promote through Facebook, Twitter, Google+ :)

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There must be dozens more to come. I watched the reporting of the 'trial' on Marika Sboros' blog, And I think this was only the first day of his testimony and it went on for 5 days. It is absolutely unbelievable that this farce has been allowed to go on as it has, here is a clearly highly intelligent, motivated, moral and ethical man, who the Health Professions Council tried to 'hang out to dry'. I bet they are regretting their decision now. But although it has been a great stress and trauma for the wonderful Prof, his brave stand will advance the cause of diabetics everywhere. I look forward to the rest of the series, it is good to see the recordings, having read many of the transcripts. Thanks for that.

Reactions: 2 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There must be dozens more to come. I watched the reporting of the 'trial' on Marika Sboros' blog, And I think this was only the first day of his testimony and it went on for 5 days. It is absolutely unbelievable that this farce has been allowed to go on as it has, here is a clearly highly intelligent, motivated, moral and ethical man, who the Health Professions Council tried to 'hang out to dry'. I bet they are regretting their decision now. But although it has been a great stress and trauma for the wonderful Prof, his brave stand will advance the cause of diabetics everywhere. I look forward to the rest of the series, it is good to see the recordings, having read many of the transcripts. Thanks for that.

The trial is still ongoing.
Prof Noakes has managed a few postponements so far, but I believe the next installment is scheduled for October.

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, that's correct. There remains the cross examination of Tim Noakes by the prosecution and the summing up. Hopefully this will be the last chapter.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Prof Noakes has managed a few postponements so far
Where did you get the idea that Prof Noakes is the reason for the postponements?

The trial opened in June 2015 when “After many hours of discussions the hearing was postponed until November 23. The committee members who were to judge Professor Noakes apparently were not qualified to do so according to regulations.” (Diet Doctor’s site).

November 2015 – “HPCSA hearing against Professor Noakes that was originally scheduled for June and postponed to November did not manage to finish in time. Thus it will continue next year – February 8 until February 17.” (Diet Doctor’s site). It didn’t finish in time because the time allotted was taken up entirely by the complainant’s witnesses (ie HPCSA).

Committee chairperson Joan Adams said the hearing would resume on February 8 and run until February 17, 2016 which it did - when Prof Noakes presented his case.

A couple of articles covering the trial:

http://www.biznews.com/low-carb-hea...urf-war-over-inconvenient-truth-banting-lchf/

http://www.biznews.com/low-carb-hea...eeing-into-future-food-medicine-banting-lchf/

The hearing continues again in October.

I can’t find any explanation for why the hearing is going on in blocks of only a few days at a time, separated by months in between. Since HPCSA is paying for the trial, maybe they’re the ones who are calling the shots on the timing? It certainly doesn’t seem to be Prof Noakes causing the delays.

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that the reason for the delays (as was reported at the time) is the time windows available to the 3 'judges' the advocates and Prof Noakes himself, when the original dates were set aside, Prof Noakes informed the HSPC that the case was complex and would take far longer than the time allocated. The Prof's team are working 'pro bono' (is that the right phrase, for free) but the advocate on the prosecuting side is being paid by the HSPC. The case must have cost hundreds of thousands, maybe more.

Yes, I completely agree, the delays were not instigated by Prof Noakes, but maybe they didn't expect Prof Noakes to present such a rigorous defence, and the prosecution side objected to his defence. How can you expect to accuse a man of not practicing evidence based medicine and then deny him the opportunity to present the evidence.

Anyway, it has given the world a valuable asset, a complete 101 to the science of nutrition, (or it will have when the videos of Prof Noakes evidence are released) and a detailed explanation of how advice since the 70s got it so wrong and has led us to where we are today.

Let's just hope that all that stress has not taken a toll on Prof Noakes' health!

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sure he'll be keen to get it over without delay now.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think it reconvenes in Oct, in view of diaries and commitment of Noakes, his team etc.

But I could be wrong:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The video demonstrating the conflict of interest of the chairman on the FDA investigation into Sugar was sobering. It goes to the root of big food, big pharma and the endless defence of all things to continue the flow of the mighty dollar for those even more mighty shareholders.

I also learned a lot from Noakes explanation of Association and the difference with Causality.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am really enjoying watching these videos of the Prof defending himself. Thankfully, he is telling me things I already know, but he makes his case so clearly and so well, it is good to watch. I am still amazed that this hearing is still going on, those sitting in judgement must realise that they are on a hiding to nowhere.

Thank you for posting them @Indy51

Reactions: 4 people

lindisfel

Expert
Thanks Indy, excellent insights.
One can seen how big business protected its interests in the past and does the same today. Imagine how many vested interests would suffer if sugar and refined carbs were removed from current diets. However, it is the only way to stop the growing surge in obesity and T2D.
regards
D.

Reactions: 4 people