Progression of T2

Grandfatherd

As a newcomer to T2 ( 10 mnths.} and nalso read comments and advice here. the thought entered my head as to what is the usual progression of T2? and what does one have to look forward to ? I realise that every one is different so what is the general feeling on this.

Danny

louiseb

personally I believe diabetes does not have to be progressive and if you keep tight control of your bg levels that you can avoid diabetic complications.
I have had family members suffer awful diabetic complications I wont go into details dont want to post scare storys.
if you look after yourself correct diet and excercise and medication if you need it and reguarly test your bg levels and keep them in a safe range I see no reason why you would suffer complications.
just stay postitive :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Hi Danny - welcome to the forum.

I'm new too, and I'm very interested in the reply to your question. I am hoping it's on the lines of - take control and there's no reason why things should get worse - but someone out there will tell us. I think there may be a lot of individual variation.

This is a great bunch of friendly, helpful and knowledgeable people, and someone will be along soon who knows much more than I do.

Viv

hallii

Progression is a fact, the only variable is how long it takes and that can be greatly influenced by how well you control things.

I managed for 8 years on diet and excercise but now take Metformin.

I have so far avoided any complications but many here have not.

So, keep tight control, excercise and keep your fingers crossed.

H