Question about protein and blood sugar

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, not on any medication @archersuz . Yes - apples are off the menu now - and it was a very small apple too.

I am tracking the grammes of carbs at each meal to see how I am reacting to them, and keeping a detailed food diary so that I can see patterns over time. I realise that the hummus was an issue too, although it was a smallish portion.

I am wondering if I need to cut the portion size on the evening meal to make it a lot smaller, and reduce the carbs to under 25g per meal to start with to see if that works.

Well done of getting to grips with things and monitoring closely. If you don't already, please do note what you re actually eating at any time, as well as the nutrient make up. Annoyingly, not all carbs are the same, and some find they can eat fruit, but not grains, or whatever, so merealy recording xgr carb isn't the full picture.

Including the detail really is useful when you look back in a few weeks time, and want ti compare reactions to foodstuffs.

Well done though - great start!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds to me you're going about this in the right way, questions and testing is good. Get the hang of it and it will sort of self perpetuate itself, weight loss and control of BG.
Don't worry about having to drop carbs completely, you don't want to give your system too much of a shock, some folks report feeling like c**p when they do.
Wish you well.