1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Question about protein and blood sugar

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by AllieRainbow, May 7, 2018.

1. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

Well done of getting to grips with things and monitoring closely. If you don't already, please do note what you re actually eating at any time, as well as the nutrient make up. Annoyingly, not all carbs are the same, and some find they can eat fruit, but not grains, or whatever, so merealy recording xgr carb isn't the full picture.

Including the detail really is useful when you look back in a few weeks time, and want ti compare reactions to foodstuffs.

Well done though - great start!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Sounds to me you're going about this in the right way, questions and testing is good. Get the hang of it and it will sort of self perpetuate itself, weight loss and control of BG.
    Don't worry about having to drop carbs completely, you don't want to give your system too much of a shock, some folks report feeling like c**p when they do.
    Wish you well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook