Quick question about BG units

nomorepies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My Tee2+ meter came yesterday and I've just tested for the first time. The reading was 6.4 which the app shows as 115mg/dl.

My only other frame of reference was the HbA1c test I had on the 19/1/2020 which was 76mmol/mol. I've looked up the chart at https://www.diabeteschart.org/bgc10.html and the converter at https://www.hba1cnet.com/hba1c-calculator/ and am I right in thinking that today's reading converts to about 40mmol/mol?

Also, is there any way to stop the Tee2+ from shouting out that there's a diabetic in the room when it's used???

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Which app are you using if it’s MySugr you can change to mmol/L in settings? If you’re not using MySugr I would recommend it as once you have entered enough data it will give you an estimated HbA1c so no converters required.
I use the Caresens Dual from Spirit Health and in settings you can silence it. I’m sure the Tee 2 would have that facility too

Reactions: jjraak

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mysugr, you can turn off the monsters sounds in settings, never heard of any app that alerts everyone that you are diabetic.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
and am I right in thinking that today's reading converts to about 40mmol/mol?
Do remember that the HbA1c is an average of 3 months, so if your 6.4mmol/L was your average (ie the average of 90ish days, 24 hours a day) then the HbA1c would indeed be roughly 38 mmol/mol, but since its only 1 reading you can't estimate the HbA1c from it, you need many readings to even begin estimating it really.

Reactions: nomorepies

nomorepies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry, it's the SmartLog app that comes with the Tee2. I just wanted to check that I'm converting it right because it seems like quite a drop in a short time.

The Tee2+ shouts out things about blood sugar, it's a bit blatant.

nomorepies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do remember that the HbA1c is an average of 3 months, so if your 6.4mmol/L was your average (ie the average of 90ish days, 24 hours a day) then the HbA1c would indeed be roughly 38 mmol/mol, but since its only 1 reading you can't estimate the HbA1c from it, you need many readings to even begin estimating it really.
Thanks, that makes sense.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have the Tee2 not plus. It just beeps when it takes up the blood. Check your setting options.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Page 22 of the instruction booklet step ten, turning the sound on or off.
Back in the day, reading the instruction book was regarded as my superpower.