Quite pleased this morning

rden66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having been just 3-4 week's diagnosed with type 2 and trying to control with diet today is the first day my morning readings have been below 7,5.7 infact.feeling very pleased with myself. I have been eating plenty of salads with either fish or chicken for main meals,yogurt and berries for breakfast as porridge doesn't agree with me and for lunch salad and small amount of cheese.i find sugar snap peas excellent as an in between mesl snack. I'm 5ft 9 an my weight has gone down from 12.5stone to 11.7stone. More walking and exercise ato my target of 11 stone.

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Well done!

Lots of people find porridge a bit of problem. Winter wont be the same!

Have you done any post meal readings?

Morning levels seem to be the hardest ones to bring down.

Keep up the good work

rden66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Post meal readings can be from 7 to 10 which is not ideal. but the morning readings for the past 3 weeks have always been above 7,so I see today as a step in the right direction. I suppose it'll take many weeks/months with trial and error with food to see what suits me.like today a Sunday roast without roast potatoes but Yorkshire pudding made from wholemeal flour,it didnt agree with me,I could feel the effect it had on me,trial and error.