re reversal of type 2 diabetes

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
do think that Optifast is on the shelves in chemists here in the land of Oz. I could check them out if you wish and price it with postage to the UK. Think our dollar is soaring at the moment though.

http://store.optifast.com.au/

Need new name Ned Kelly the Optifast smuggler :D

Bob

bowell

Dislikes
Its just the standard Optifast Inensive phase 1
Intensive Phase 1 - 12 WEEKS During this initial phase, Optifast replaces ALL meals and must be taken in combination with 2 cups of low-starch, green vegetables and 2 litres of water per day.

Google to find suppliers in USA NZ and AUS

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
When I began VLCing I was determined not to buy into the packaged slimming products and found a recipe for a shake by Dr Sandra Cabot. I lent someone the book and no longer have it but my current recipe goes something like this: 1/4 c coconut milk, 3/4 cup water, 2 Tbsp whey powder, a palmful of berries, 1 Tbsp oil like macadamia/olive/grapeseed or flaxseed, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence and whizz it all together in a blender. If you want more fibre add a Tbsp of psyllium husk or flaxseed meal.
I have no illusions that I might one day pass a FGTT but I am noticing that some foods that might have once pushed me well out of my self-imposed top of 6.0, don't now. A UK friend who used to post on this forum has been noticing that he too does not get the expected BG rises if he tries a small bit of rice, potatoes or bread.
I am more than happy to continue this way of eating for life as it works for me.
My winter veggie garden is currently full of kale, spinach, mizuna, sorrell and several varieties of lettuce, so I think it is encouraging me to eat the things that are good for this diabetic.
"Ned Kelly"

NewdestinyX

There are currently two concurrent threads going on about this on the forum now.. So I'll post this here too in case it intrigues anyone..

The most compelling aspect of this study to me, though way too small to really be taken seriously, is that it refers to the fat around ORGANS being dispelled in the 8 week period and that at least for several more 'months' the diabetic T2 symptoms did NOT return. That angle I really hadn't heard of before. Whether or not a 'crash' diet, essentially, is the best way to get to this goal we'll continue to debate, to be sure - but ANY road we can take to 'de-fat-izing' our organs seems to have some lasting effects. And THAT IS "new" data and something NOT to be taken lightly.

NewdestinyX

Kenny said:
I am currently defatizing my liver and pancreas using a 600cal diet.
Welcome, Kenny! Would you be willing to start a thread chronicling your 6-8 week journey? It would be fascinating!

Kenny

I think it would be good to have a thread for all those who are doing the 8-week 600cal diet. Hey Patch! You up for it? If there's interest, I'll start a thread. Today is day 2 of my starvation diet. I'm not feeling bad at all, and the Herbalife green tea-based energizing beverage is quite... well... energizing.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Kenny. I'll be starting a thread on Monday when I start the Optislim diet. If you want to run one at the same time, we should probably name the threads similarly.

How about "De-fatizing with [DIET NAME] by [USERNAME]"?

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Is it just me, or is this Forum starting to look like a episode of South Park...

Kenny, if you start to feel really bad on the diet, can you PM me so that I can be the first to do the "Oh My God! They Killed Kenny!" gag.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
borofergie said:
"Oh My God! They Killed Kenny!"
:lol:

You JUST beat me to it!

[EDIT; Butters is better than Kenny... 8) ]

Kenny

I don't want my very own thread. I'd rather collaborate.

End of day 2... feeling weak and a little unwell. Must... press... on... through... Gnnhhhh!!!

bowell

Dislikes
Trick that helps is to drink a glass of water before the meal