Reactive Hypoglycaemia

Glycemic

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a question. I have ordered Berberine to see if it would help with my blood glucose and whether or not it would stabilise me for the day. Has anyone here tried it and has it worked?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I cannot tell you not to take because I have not heard of it before but there is a doubt because, just read it if you are thinking of having a child or if you take metformin or your BG levels are lowish as it takes effect.
It might help but it won't stop the reaction because the science of the outcomes is different. So if your meal is too high in carbs, the hypo will still happen.
if you do try it, let us know how you get on for future reference.
I have a question. I have ordered Berberine to see if it would help with my blood glucose and whether or not it would stabilise me for the day. Has anyone here tried it and has it worked?

Reactions: Glycemic

Effect_one

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
If you wish to ask questions or are interested in asking anything pertaining to hypoglycaemia, diabetic or non diabetic. Ask here.
Hello, I am a little bit lost. I don't know if this is related to my reactive hypo. In the morning I am all itchy , everything around my neck feels too tight and it's like my skin is burning.

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello, I am a little bit lost. I don't know if this is related to my reactive hypo. In the morning I am all itchy , everything around my neck feels too tight and it's like my skin is burning.
Hi and welcome back to our forum.
How are you coping?
I suffer the burning itching and itchy or itchiness when tired or late at night.
Enough that if it's bad, I take an antihistamine, to calm it. Be aware of the drowsiness with most of them, but it does help me fall asleep.
My neck issue is arthritis (spondylitis) and I'm not certain to do with my RH.
But as always in the sticky thread, where there is a list of symptoms. But not all, cos it is so individual.
If you have an endocrinologist or your GP might be able to help.
If you are still a bit lost, please keep asking, I will help if I can.
My best wishes.