Reactive Hypoglycemia Reactive hypos following eating?

Littleronnie

Hi everyone, I’m currently experiencing what I think maybe reactive hypos. I’m struggling with some tummy pain quite high up in the abdomen for some time now and not able to eat until late afternoon some days. Then when I do, I shake quite violently and then totally drained afterwards. I’m trying to book an app with my GP and not getting anywhere, despite calling first thing as soon as the surgery opens. They then tell me all available appointments have been filled! End of my tether now, something is going on with my tummy and I’m really concerned it maybe my pancreas? Any advice please? X

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tried asking for an emergency appointment at your doctors, I know mine do them even if fully booked (a doctor either rings me back or I have to go do the 'sit and wait' thing they do for emergencies).
Are you in the UK? If so then call the 111 service, they can often organise emergency appointments for you or at least sort something out.
We can't diagnose on these forums, so you need to see a doctor, sooner rather than later I'd suggest.
Though without a blood test whilst experiencing said shaking though its impossible to tell whether it is low blood sugar or something else entirely.

Reactions: Brunneria

Littleronnie

Have you tried asking for an emergency appointment at your doctors, I know mine do them even if fully booked (a doctor either rings me back or I have to go do the 'sit and wait' thing they do for emergencies).
Are you in the UK? If so then call the 111 service, they can often organise emergency appointments for you or at least sort something out.
We can't diagnose on these forums, so you need to see a doctor, sooner rather than later I'd suggest.
Though without a blood test whilst experiencing said shaking though its impossible to tell whether it is low blood sugar or something else entirely.
Hi there, thanks for your reply. I am in the UK yeah, but I just get the same old reply, to call at 8am and then when I do they tell me all appointments are taken and there are no emergency appointments. I’ve just called back to see if there are any cancellations, but unfortunately not. I asked if the GP could call me and was told this is classed as an appointment and therefore I need to call at 8am! At my wits end and physically drained. I can understand now why so many people clog up A & E x

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there, thanks for your reply. I am in the UK yeah, but I just get the same old reply, to call at 8am and then when I do they tell me all appointments are taken and there are no emergency appointments. I’ve just called back to see if there are any cancellations, but unfortunately not. I asked if the GP could call me and was told this is classed as an appointment and therefore I need to call at 8am! At my wits end and physically drained. I can understand now why so many people clog up A & E x
Call 111 then, they should be able to help - if they say book an appointment tell them the problems you've been having trying to book an appointment - they may be able to sort something for you.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the advice, I think I’m going to get on to them right now. I’m out of energy with it all. Thanks for your advice. X
They will ask about a billion questions (before talking about what you want to talk about) as they don't have your medical records and know nothing about you.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Littleronnie, I second @Rokaab suggestions to you.
Sometimes I know that trained staff seem to respond better to certain words or descriptions over the phone
when it comes to sorting out who has more urgent troubles than others.
Perhaps report to 111 any of the following which apply to:
words like ' severe pain in upper abdomen(tummy)'; 'not able to eat more than once per day'; not able to swallow food easily and ? water; ?; not passing much urine; severe shaking ; ? any fainting; ? any passing out; ?any vomiting; any blood in vomit (red or coffee colour?);, any swelling of abdomen (tummy); any sweats or fever; any recent travel, particularly out of the country. ?
I do hope that gets you the attention you need as soon as possible.
Best Wishes.

Littleronnie

Hi @Littleronnie, I second @Rokaab suggestions to you.
Sometimes I know that trained staff seem to respond better to certain words or descriptions over the phone
when it comes to sorting out who has more urgent troubles than others.
Perhaps report to 111 any of the following which apply to:
words like ' severe pain in upper abdomen(tummy)'; 'not able to eat more than once per day'; not able to swallow food easily and ? water; ?; not passing much urine; severe shaking ; ? any fainting; ? any passing out; ?any vomiting; any blood in vomit (red or coffee colour?);, any swelling of abdomen (tummy); any sweats or fever; any recent travel, particularly out of the country. ?
I do hope that gets you the attention you need as soon as possible.
Best Wishes.
Thanks Kitedoc, I shall let you all know what is going on x