Real Meal Tv

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The chef (Jonno Proudfoot) from Prof Noakes' Real Meal Revolution has started posting recipe videos on Youtube. Here's the first episode. Looks mega yummy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Another resource I can trust, thanks Indy. Subscribed whilst drooling!

I have not noticed these gemsquash before, can members tell me if they are easily available in U.K, please.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apart from drastically over spicing the foods he cooks the same way I do - but I have some really heavy cast iron pans which are so good for a really high sear, but can be covered and used for simmering as well.

Reactions: Robbity

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I fancy that gem squash recipe too - but Google tells me that though UK supermarkets may sell these little squashes they appear to be seasonal autumn produce. But I'll give it a go with the buttenut ones until then.

Robbity

Reactions: Guzzler

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another resource I can trust, thanks Indy. Subscribed whilst drooling!

I have not noticed these gemsquash before, can members tell me if they are easily available in U.K, please.
Ive bought gem squash before from my local farm sop. They tend to appear in autumn alongwith a whole variety of different aquashes that are all lower carb than butternut squash. My favourite squashes are crown prince, acorn & kabocha,

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is most definitely my kind of cooking.
Relaxed, casual, one pan, minimal washing up, good strong natural flavours.
Thank you @Indy
Lovely to see recipes where i wouldn’t have to phaff or substitute ANYTHING.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Chefs always make it look so easy!
They make me want to spit!!! When I give stuff a bit of a shake around - even in a normal saucepan never mind a frying pan - something will ALWAYS sneakily jump out and escape onto the floor however careful and gentle I am... :banghead::D

Robbity

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone else suffer from knife skills envy? What he does in a few secs to the veggies would take me ages!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I just wish I had the asbestos fingers.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A whole heap of new episodes posted, with all sorts of titles and numbering, so will just post:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Realised that 3 episodes were repeats of those already posted - no explanation why.

And missing episode 4 posted:

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Red and yellow pepper is quite high in carbs, but green ones are lower. I don't use a whole onion either because onion is quite high. I wish I could get Spaghetti Squash here in the UK as I believe that they are much lower than butternut... I cannot eat Butternut squash as they spike me. I live in the North now and I cannot get Turnips anywhere. They sell swede but they are higher in carbs, so don't bother

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Red and yellow pepper is quite high in carbs, but green ones are lower. I don't use a whole onion either because onion is quite high. I wish I could get Spaghetti Squash here in the UK as I believe that they are much lower than butternut... I cannot eat Butternut squash as they spike me. I live in the North now and I cannot get Turnips anywhere. They sell swede but they are higher in carbs, so don't bother
@derry60 it just shows again that we are all different. I can have mashed swede with loads of butter and pepper but cant tolerate carrots. Dont know about you but I think as long as we can find some veg apart from above ground greens that agree with us then we are lucky indeed.