Really annoyed!

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been trying to contact my dsn for 6 weeks. Never any answer or it goes to voicemail. There have been 3 different voice messages at different times. I'm just getting really frustrated with it.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Is this at GP or hospital. If at hospital phone the consultants secretary, if at GP pop a letter in to Practice Manager asking for the DSN to ring you.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Why not just go to the surgery/ hospital clinic and advise them that you are having no response to telephone calls and you'd like to see DNS or consultant etc. Works every time for me at my GP.

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Ring the hospital and ask to speak with your consultants secretary, not answering your calls is unacceptable Rosie but the secretary should be able to get things moving for you.

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's at the hospital and as far as I'm aware she doesn't have a secretary. I haven't seen the consultant yet, it's just the nurse I've seen. I have phoned every day for over a month and nothing :( don't really wanna go down there and make a fuss because it's nothing urgent

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
The nurse may not have a secretary, however the consultant does and the DSN is part of his team. Contact the secretary I am sure that you will get a call quite quickly.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The DSNs can be extremely busy and rarely near their phone all day. It's the NHS - they are worked off their feet.

But the suggestion to call or write to the consultant is good. See if they will give you the DSN's email address.