Recepie books for LCHF

Dontwanttoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cheese
I've been looking at books and there are so many out there. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for normal everyday food not anything fancy. Thanks.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, don't buy them. I got several and found most of the recipies too high carb for me. Instead, google keto followed by whatever you fancy. There are thousands of recipes out there, and you can examine the carbs before you try.

I use the copymethat app to grab recipies so I can keep them handy.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've done (and still often do) the same as @xfieldoc and use Google to find suitable recipes, or I've adapted many of my pre-LCHF recipes to suit - sometimes it's as simple as replacing higher carb ingredients with low carb ones e.g. flour with ground almonds in baking, or just avoiding potatoes with a roast dinner.

I have an ever growing folder of LCHF recipes on my PC and printed versions of many of them sitting in the kitchen.

And although I don't often use it Diet Doctor is and excellent resource and I have several slightly adapted recipes that I've found there.

Robbity

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been looking at books and there are so many out there. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for normal everyday food not anything fancy. Thanks.
Agree with the others: Just make your own. You can skip most books geared specifically to diabetics. You can go for Keto books though, those'll be alright and won't spike you. But you're better off checking places like dietdoctor.com for meals and saving those. (Lots on there's free, you don't even have to register)

Jam&Scones

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it is true of any recipe book that you will only ever use a small percentage of the content (irregardless of it is low carb or not! :) ). But I have found Lean in 15 to be good - the first half of the book is all low carb recipes and the second half carb heavy, but, you can easily adapt those through substitutions... What I like about it is the ingredients are easily obtainable and the dishes simple.