Recommend carbs for LBG type2

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone :)
Please can anyone recommend any foods that won’t spike me but will raise my BG level as the last few days it has been low 3.9 - 4.0
Thank you!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you symptomatic when your sugars are at that level? If not then there’s no need to worry about getting them higher unless you’re on any medication that risks hypo. I believe you’re just on Metformin if I remember correctly?

Reactions: Petaluk

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you still taking meds? Maybe see if your doc says you can try stopping them.
You want to get lower blood glucose levels so trying to raise them is a bit counterproductive.
Did you feel ill when they were at those levels

lindisfel

Expert
Are you still taking meds? Maybe see if your doc says you can try stopping them.
You want to get lower blood glucose levels so trying to raise them is a bit counterproductive.
Did you feel ill when they were at those levels
Yes, it's like trying to drive with a foot on the brake and accelerator!
D.

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you symptomatic when your sugars are at that level? If not then there’s no need to worry about getting them higher unless you’re on any medication that risks hypo. I believe you’re just on Metformin if I remember correctly?
I feel a bit weak, not much energy - but not sweating or tremors like the other day ( although I had fasted, fasted for 24 hours - zero food)
I am not on anything other than metformin or Xenical.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel a bit weak, not much energy - but not sweating or tremors like the other day ( although I had fasted, fasted for 24 hours - zero food)
Are you drinking enough and having enough salt?
Why are you taking the Xenical? That's the first thing I'd ditch.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe time to cut down or drop your Metformin depending on your dose, but consult your dr first, just incase there anything else going on.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you drinking enough and having enough salt?
Why are you taking the Xenical? That's the first thing I'd ditch.
Oh Zenicol? That’s that med that stops you absorbing fat isn’t it, for weight loss. That’s working against LCHF then as you’re not absorbing the fat needed for energy.

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m drinking 3 litres water a day plus other drinks tea, zero coke etc. Salt may be a problem now you mention it?!
I was meant to be on 1000mg metformin but my DN said no point as my levels were good and I’ve lost a lot of weight since do 12-4-18 , about 25lbs

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Because I’m fat :)
So was I.. 23 stone
However eating a low carb high fat diet has got me down to 15 stone (still overweight but nowhere near as bad) and controlled my Type 2. The drug you are taking is making you feel ill and hungry. It's not necessary to lose weight. Cutting out carbs will help you lose weight in a much better way. So as I say in your shoes feeling as you do that completely unnecessary drug would be the first thing out of the window to be replaced by some decent real food. But that's just me...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Because I’m fat :)
So was I! This time last year I was 115kg and a size 20, I’m now 78.6kg and a size 14. That’s on what I describe as LCMF (low carb moderate fat) and Metformin.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
A quick google of the side effects of Xenical raised an eyebrow. I'm not sure how I would weigh up the risks of kidney problems from T2 with the possible risks of kidney problems from taking this drug.

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So was I.. 23 stone
However eating a low carb high fat diet has got me down to 15 stone (still overweight but nowhere near as bad) and controlled my Type 2. The drug you are taking is making you feel ill and hungry. It's not necessary to lose weight. Cutting out carbs will help you lose weight in a much better way. So as I say in your shoes feeling as you do that completely unnecessary drug would be the first thing out of the window to be replaced by some decent real food. But that's just me...
Ok thanks!

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So was I! This time last year I was 115kg and a size 20, I’m now 78.6kg and a size 14. That’s on what I describe as LCMF (low carb moderate fat) and Metformin.
A quick google of the side effects of Xenical raised an eyebrow. I'm not sure how I would weigh up the risks of kidney problems from T2 with the possible risks of kidney problems from taking this drug.
I will check it out thanks!

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't aware T2's had to worry about Low Blood sugar....thought that only happened to T1's.I am T2 and mine is High didn't think it could ever change to low!!!

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used be on xenical (Orlistat) never lost nowt though and the side effects!!!!

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So was I.. 23 stone
Brilliant weight loss btw!!! :)

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wasn't aware T2's had to worry about Low Blood sugar....thought that only happened to T1's.I am T2 and mine is High didn't think it could ever change to low!!!
I eat very low carb and sometimes only once a day