Red rash on face and very dry feet

Blissfool

Hi - I seem to be asking questions all the time and I sm so grateful for everyones replies. It helps me not feel so lost with caring for my son (diagnosed t1' august 2010" age 2.5)

So...here it is...

The last couple of days my son has been really, really irritable, screaming at us, hitting out and getting very upset about things. This is not his natural temperament. He has done his best to enjoy himself but has a very short fuse. He is also crying and whimpering in his sleep and very restless. He has developed a very sore rash on is face (used to have wonderful skin), and his soles of his feet are very dry, and today cracked and started to bleed. His glucose levels have been higher than normal following general anaesthetic and dental surgery two weeks ago, but he has also had not so high readings and some lows in the 1.7-2.8 range. I don't know what to use to relieve the rash or treat the feet and I'm at a loss...maybe it is all connected?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You need to take your lad to see his gp as soon as possible, these symptom's sound rather worrying and ONLY a doctor can diagnose what is going on and causing him such distress.

Nigel

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Yes, thats right ... get him off to the Dr's asap! Any childhood rash shouuld be properly investigated. Most of them turn out to be nothing much, but your Dr definately needs to see it!