Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you thought of a swim cap for your hair and flip flops for the showers? I don't need a swim cap so can't really give advice on hair

An enforced break for me this week but hope to get half hour in the pool at some point tomorrow to blow a bit of steam

I hadn’t thought of either @kev-w , but they are both great ideas, thank you. I live very close to a pool so it’s really daft not to take advantage.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The earlier than expected emergence of the sun today led to more than anticipated steps, though I did go more slowly than usual and had a couple of pit stops along the way. 19,583 steps.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was all about walking around a food fair in Cambridge 15K steps. Today therefore had to be more lawn mowing as well as carting chicken feed, sawdust and hay. 70 mins lawns, 30 mins carting, dog walking and assorted garden tasks for 22.5K steps. An archetypal perfect day for me in many ways.
@flexi06 great stepping and glad you feel GOOOOD

Reactions: flexi06 and kev-w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great going @flexi06 and @ianpspurs

A work day means a little less activity. Got off the train a stop early this morning and went for a brisk 35 minute walk at lunch time to supplement normal daily activity = 16,778 steps. Finished off with a Pilates class.

Received copy of letter from musculoskeletal folks to my GP today. Bony oedema is suspected. MRI Wednesday morning.

Reactions: flexi06

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
18,894 steps today!
Mr C gone to Cornwall so I’m left in charge of dog walks ( Usually I only do the early shift)

Did 20 mins Hiit on static cycle this morning.

Just completed core exercises, 2 sets of each except plank - can only manage that for 3 reps of 10 secs.

@Goonergal that’s a quick referral to MRI, hope they can get to the bottom of your pain. Bone oedema sounds like it needs rest?

Reactions: ianpspurs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
18,894 steps today!
Mr C gone to Cornwall so I’m left in charge of dog walks ( Usually I only do the early shift)

Did 20 mins Hiit on static cycle this morning.

Just completed core exercises, 2 sets of each except plank - can only manage that for 3 reps of 10 secs.

@Goonergal that’s a quick referral to MRI, hope they can get to the bottom of your pain. Bone oedema sounds like it needs rest?

Wow, you’re going for it. Bony oedema is just a guess. The consultant advised being guided by my response to exercise, so trying to monitor that - Pilates, simple walking and weights are all fine, although the walking has the most impact as I find it hard to stop if I’m out enjoying myself. Am staying away from walking football with its sharp twists and turns as my major concession!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, you’re going for it. Bony oedema is just a guess. The consultant advised being guided by my response to exercise, so trying to monitor that - Pilates, simple walking and weights are all fine, although the walking has the most impact as I find it hard to stop if I’m out enjoying myself. Am staying away from walking football with its sharp twists and turns as my major concession!

Sounds sensible
Fingers crossed you get the MRI results quickly too.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last nights session was deadlift 170kg 5x3 felt horrible, but my old coach spotted that I was letting my form go. So after a bit of coaching and a reset, back down to 100kg for around what felt like a hundred reps!!! (about 25ish). as I was told " you can't lift like that if you want to compete, do it properly or not at all" something I needed to hear, as I train on my own. Kick up the backside needed and took.

Take care everyone.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last nights session was deadlift 170kg 5x3 felt horrible, but my old coach spotted that I was letting my form go. So after a bit of coaching and a reset, back down to 100kg for around what felt like a hundred reps!!! (about 25ish). as I was told " you can't lift like that if you want to compete, do it properly or not at all" something I needed to hear, as I train on my own. Kick up the backside needed and took.

Take care everyone.

Great that the old coach was on hand to sharpen you up johnpol- a reminder that we can all slip into familiarity- glad he helped - keep up the inspiration for us all - I will be picking ur brain (and muscles) at some point for advice.;)

Reactions: johnpol

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unfortunately not. Follow up appointment is August 28th - was September, but got it moved a bit. Ringing regularly in the hope of a cancellation...........

Goonergal- I’m glad u are finding a compromise and managing ur (undiagnosed) mysterious condition- fingers crossed for an early mri follow up.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday was all about walking around a food fair in Cambridge 15K steps. Today therefore had to be more lawn mowing as well as carting chicken feed, sawdust and hay. 70 mins lawns, 30 mins carting, dog walking and assorted garden tasks for 22.5K steps. An archetypal perfect day for me in many ways.
@flexi06 great stepping and glad you feel GOOOOD

Phew Ianp, got worn out just reading that lol

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
17.650 steps today- now must keep it up on my four days off -

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@flexi06 @ianpspurs great going!

Today has been more muted. No extra activity outside of usual walks to and from transportation to work, plus an extra trip to Superdrug to pick up Libre sensors. Can’t put one on yet as they can’t be worn when having an MRI, so I have to be patient!

11,365 steps. Left shin very sore so easy does it tomorrow- off to England v Australia at the Oval (MRI annoyingly at same time as match start...). One of my friends is also doing Keto (not for diabetes) so for once I’ll be able to share food!

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today has been more muted. No extra activity outside of usual walks to and from transportation to work, plus an extra trip to Superdrug to pick up Libre sensors. Can’t put one on yet as they can’t be worn when having an MRI, so I have to be patient!
Great stepping @Goonergal and well done for getting into cricket. Hope the MRI goes well. For me today was swimming classes, more lawn mowing - finished this round start again Friday probably - dog walking and just crop inspecting. Fitbit says about 14K pedometer 10K - first real difference so one to watch.