Regular moderate exercise log

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Feel like a total melt after all the excellent exercise from other people today. Finally manged 7 hrs sleep after 2 weeks only for it to be rather hot! One's Bromleys were not very active today may just about clock 12k by bed time.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I agree with you about the excellent efforts everyone has posted and feel very feeble in comparison.

I’ll probably just about manage 10,000 steps by bedtime, even if it means walking up and down the kitchen for 10 mins.
Did 15mins (5k) on the exercise bike too.

Haven’t done much for a few days and my bg levels today reflect that. Need to up my game.

Reactions: flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no idea if I have lost my mojo, the heat is too much for me or some medical issue other than diabetes but absolutely pooped by doing nothing today. I just stood willing the last chicken to go in to roost so I could then put the dogs to bed! Swimming lesson, carried the 20kg chicken feed to and from the car and lifted into the hopper + basic 11K steps. Real effort to make the steps so hopefully I am not doing more harm than good.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it’s the heat @ianpspurs you haven’t been a slouch though by any means.
I barely managed 10k steps but made myself do Johnpol’s core exercises this evening plus 5 mins squats ( holding each squat for 30sec so 5 in all) and a couple of other things Ive remembered from the gym class.

Hope the shins ease up a bit @ Goonergal

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well last nights session definitely didn't go to plan!! I couldn't get under a squat bar to save my life! So I ended up in discussion with my old coach and trying a few tricks to loosen up my shoulder, so I tried for an hour to stretch and finally ended up under the bar, sort of, maybe, possibly!! But I will get on the platform competing in November. Just gotta believe I will.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But I will get on the platform competing in November. Just gotta believe I will.
Winner for showing that winner's attitude which I reckon will see you on the platform come November. Hug for the shoulder problems.

Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Winner for showing that winner's attitude which I reckon will wee you on the platform come November. Hug for the shoulder problems.
Thanks for the hug. Its becoming a big issue at the minute, but I have a plan for next year so I have to get through this shoulder issue, but with some help and guidance from my coach we both feel that I can still get there!! and I will!

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the hug. Its becoming a big issue at the minute, but I have a plan for next year so I have to get through this shoulder issue, but with some help and guidance from my coach we both feel that I can still get there!! and I will!

Fantastic determination stretching for an hour to achieve ur goal - brilliant.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another resting day. Couple of short walks but didn’t quite hit the 10k mark - 9,468.

Off on holiday tomorrow, which will involve lots of walking, but not much posting on the forum!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@johnpol terrific attitude, I know you’ll be on form by November, don’t see how you can fail with such determination.

I did some yoga in the garden today and got a shock when I was joined be next door’s new puppy ( no I wasn’t doing downward dog!) he’d found the hole in the fence.

12k steps

25 mins swimming. No idea how many lengths that was, I never count.

@Goonergal have a brilliant holiday.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@johnpol terrific attitude, I know you’ll be on form by November, don’t see how you can fail with such determination.

I did some yoga in the garden today and got a shock when I was joined be next door’s new puppy ( no I wasn’t doing downward dog!) he’d found the hole in the fence.

12k steps

25 mins swimming. No idea how many lengths that was, I never count.

@Goonergal have a brilliant holiday.
@DJC3 Great news definitely recovered your mojo today excellent news.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very interesting how two days seemingly the same can feel very different or make you feel very different. About the same steps as yesterday and static cycle about same as swimming but feels as though I did better. 13K steps and 25 mins on exercise bike which Decathlon Coach chest HR recorded as average 128 bpm.

Reactions: kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A very hot day spent in a hotel spa/leisure complex with Mrs P. Tried my best to make the most of facilities but stayed away from weights. 45 mins dog walk before setting off, 25 mins on rowing machine followed immediately by 25 mins on the static bike. Used sauna and steam room then lunch. 25 mins swimming in afternoon with another session in each of steam room and sauna. Finished off with an hour's back and leg massage. Now taking lots of water on board but feeling I did ok today.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been doing my walking early morning and later in the evening whilst it's so hot! Also freezing bottles of water for keeping everything in my work backpack cool. Just need to stop my students demanding the bottles to cool down with... I've had to promise to bring more in tomorrow.