Regular moderate exercise log

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Trying to think of walking reasons now I have no dog to encourage it.
Only managed a few hundred steps the first couple of days but today I walked 45 mins to my pilates lesson. Caught the bus back but 13k steps ( plus the pilates) nevertheless.
Feeling a bit better for it, doesn’t do to mope I know.
@DJC3 Don't see you as a mope kinda gal. The walking and yoga are all good and the feeling better is an inch by inch process.

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Ended up walking more than expected today. Had the afternoon off as I’m working tomorrow and went in search of new trousers to replace some that have become too big. Walked home and then had another walk in the sun to pick up an order elsewhere. 19,657 steps plus a bit of box lifting at work to clear a room for an event tomorrow.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't know how really as all I have done today is pootle around local market and shops, wander around garden watering and checking crops then walked dogs but managed 19000 steps. No lawn mowing so not inflated by that.

Last edited:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not going to get much walking in at all this weekend, but I've kept up pretty well since the Unfortunate Episode of sickness so I'm probably ready for a bit of a quieter couple of days of walking.

I'm pretty impressed I hit walking targets yesterday after the amount of time in the clinic yesterday morning, much time on buses and more coffee stops than usual when out as with a friend.

Also spent time yesterday advising my hospital consultant about walking boots, socks and snow grips after he'd commented on my boots when we finished. (I was over the moon with the clear official LADA diagnosis and an Hba1c of 52 down from 109 4 months ago, he was delighted with my results overall and how I'm working with insulin. I was expecting mutterings about blood pressure and statins but I escaped before either could be mentioned. Clinic will only do 1 bp reading, whereas GP always does best of 3.)

Reactions: flexi06 and kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not going to get much walking in at all this weekend, but I've kept up pretty well since the Unfortunate Episode of sickness so I'm probably ready for a bit of a quieter couple of days of walking.

I'm pretty impressed I hit walking targets yesterday after the amount of time in the clinic yesterday morning, much time on buses and more coffee stops than usual when out as with a friend.

Also spent time yesterday advising my hospital consultant about walking boots, socks and snow grips after he'd commented on my boots when we finished. (I was over the moon with the clear official LADA diagnosis and an Hba1c of 52 down from 109 4 months ago, he was delighted with my results overall and how I'm working with insulin. I was expecting mutterings about blood pressure and statins but I escaped before either could be mentioned. Clinic will only do 1 bp reading, whereas GP always does best of 3.)
Congratulations on the results @Japes stunning fall in Hba1c and well done on keeping up with the walking

Reactions: flexi06 and kev-w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Glad you are over the Unfortunate Episode.
Great HbA1c result and I’m really pleased about your official LADA diagnosis, must be a relief.

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did a lighter leg session yesterday maxing at 100kg squats x8, front squats to 50kg x8, leg raises & curls and calf raises on the smith machine.

I can feel it today just loafing around and I've some cycling to do yet, I didn't ache like this 10 years back like but....

:)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
11,980 steps yesterday-at least it was over the arbitrary (but useful) 10,000.

Reactions: kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
11,980 steps yesterday-at least it was over the arbitrary (but useful) 10,000.
You are becoming a walking legend @flexi06. I managed 15k yesterday mostly before 9.00 am as I was about early but also before the hotter part of the day. Woke even earlier today but will probably not make 10k today family barbeque to celebrate my birthday last Tuesday and football to watch!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I managed 950m in the pool this morning in 2 and 4 length sets, but had the young un with me so had a fair amount of b**laching to do to keep her moving, good fun tho :) and I've cycled 11 mikes so far today but have missed a weight session.

I'm certainly feeling older than a year ago :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After a paltry 7,906 steps yesterday went to the other extreme today. 32,666 steps - first 16,000 in one go on a 6.3 mile walk to the shopping mall next to the Olympic Park and once home, couldn’t resist going back out in the late afternoon sun with another longish walk up to Blackheath through Greenwich Park and back home along the river.

A couple of rest days coming up.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Trained legs on Friday morning but I couldn't squat as the pain from my shoulders was off the charts, so I did landmine squats which helps my form, so not all bad. Going to try squats again tonight as I need to be able to get under the bar, or my competition plans are scuppered.

Reactions: DJC3 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My body doesn't know what day it is today as I trained my shoulders, and I never do shoulders on a Monday :p

Quite a light session, standing dumbbell press to 22.5kg bells and military press to 45kg, lots of reps, machine front raises, bent over side raises, face pulls and trap rows, happy enough with it I guess, but I've cycled 8 miles so it could be worse.

Reactions: flexi06

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My body doesn't know what day it is today as I trained my shoulders, and I never do shoulders on a Monday :p

Quite a light session, standing dumbbell press to 22.5kg bells and military press to 45kg, lots of reps, machine front raises, bent over side raises, face pulls and trap rows, happy enough with it I guess, but I've cycled 8 miles so it could be worse.

“Face pulls” ?????? Please tell me this is as fun as it sounds.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
“Face pulls” ?????? Please tell me this is as fun as it sounds.

No sorry :p tho if you do it wrongly you can look a bit odd 'thrusting' :p
Face-pull.png

@kev-w I don't know about could be worse, to us mortals that sounds like an Iron Man day especially in this heat

The gym has air conditioning which is a bonus, I used to train in my back garden for around 10 years which can get hot in summer, but no, not iron man, I'm not 'flogging' myself at all, just keeping my metabolism going I guess :)

Last edited: